• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"Are Supplements getting better?"

Fitnation

Or is it better marketing. Some of the brands appear to be companies run by ex bodybuilders like Dorian Yates, Rich Gaspari and Lee Labrada to name a few. While I have notised some of the new products to befairly good. I am curious to know whether it is all marketing hype or have advances really been made of late in supplements?

I had two serves of the Dorian Yates pre workout and I swear to god it nearly ended me. Biggest high followed by an even bigger low.

Preworkouts all have the same base ingredients... Just different quantities...

Caffeine
DMAA
Creatine
Beta analine

And a different label and name on the front...

Last edited:
Supplements have got "better" but that does not mean that do anything...lol..

Marketing has of course got better...and ppl are still tricked into thinking a protein powder will make them look like Mr.O, or get them shredded as fuarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

I think they have after really thinking about it. I remember when Creatine first came out and also the price for that mater. Growling Dog creatine was an early one which I can remember using and it had slight side effects like nausea and it effected my immune system. I would have to say that the new ones I have tried albeit samples have not given me this. My experience of combining Exceed with Jack mixed with Creatine has been pretty good. No bloating either.

Yes with creatine being the obvious one. Also I think protein powders taste a lot better these days. Other than that I wouldnt know, surely they are not any worse.

I only use WPC, so I can't tell if supps have/haven't got better, but I laugh at the ads they use to sell them. Infact they are so over the top that they use supplement ads from muscle mags etc, as examples of marketing hype at University. I just finished a marketing module and it had these advertisements fro supps that are so far fetched that they cannot possibly do what they say, yet people still buy them based on emotional responses. Another example of this was in the marketing and advertising of jewelry, again it was centered around emotion and not logical thought.

G

They will never get better
A compound is a compound, all that changes is purity and compounds used
These days you have lots of bullshit that you didn't have before like creatine nitrate and the other filthy scam compounds, protein that supposedly "absorbs faster" it is all bullshit

So I say that have got worse