• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat Flexibility

projectaero

Hey guys.
Do you know any good static or dynamic stretching to acheive A2G squat.
I have trouble squatting low before my knees start to come inwards which i would like to stop.

Any ideas?

Hey guys.
I have trouble squatting low before my knees start to come inwards which i would like to stop.

Any ideas?

Sounds more like a strength and technique issue.

Hey guys.

Any ideas?

Hey there

Recently I was taught a few techniques, one being to practice actually sitting in the squat position for a couple of minutes several times a day and focus on pushing your knees out.
i.e sit kind of like a frog, all the way down with your butt tucked in and close to the ground. You probably need to hold onto something in front of you to keep your balance, and keep your back straight. Sorry for the weird explanation, hope that makes sense.

I've been doing this as well as just practicing the whole squat movement with no weight for the last few weeks and my squat form has improved quite a lot. Hip flexor, back and hamstring stretches will all help too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwKnk16Zbs]Mobilitywod 8/23/2010 - YouTube[/ame]

Do this for a bit, then hip flexor stretch, then repeat. Call me in the morning :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTmg4dHiKg]How to do the Asian squat - YouTube[/ame]