• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
im not following the but part..

he did have both!

what im saying is yes arnold looked great, not the best bodybuilder ive seen but always going to look better than me. I was just saying some people say "best bodybuilder with best genetics".. its hard to tell what is genetics and what is performance enhancers. my opinion/10

what im saying is yes arnold looked great, not the best bodybuilder ive seen but always going to look better than me. I was just saying some people say "best bodybuilder with best genetics".. its hard to tell what is genetics and what is performance enhancers. my opinion/10

Take a shit genetics person and a good genetics person and put them on steroids. Good genetics will look tons better ala Arnie. Shit person would look like Trent :D :D :D

do you guys think arnie had "god given genetics" or was just completely loaded with steroids. I mean yes he would have had to have both, but..

Yes I do believe he is the 1% of the population

Im reading muscle smoke and mirrors #2 it suggests he was introduced to steroids at a very young age, some suggest as young as 13.

Steve Reeves is another, all things being equal, Reeves is ahead of Arnold in relation to symmetry, beautiful balance and proportion

This is the thing I dislike most about "bodybuilding" is the drugs and the secrecy.

What were the contributing factors that changed bodybuilding and powerlifting from the 60's to present day, what's happening now, what's the future hold?

For me, I reckon; Reeves, Arnold and Viator, their proportions were 98%
Viator, just looked plain strong.

Casey Viator - thanks for that Andy how could I have forgotten him - immensely strong man.

Casey Viator - thanks for that Andy how could I have forgotten him - immensely strong man.

Have a look at this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYwAsuviqVI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]A Casey Viator & Mike Mentzer Tribute - YouTube[/ame]

Im reading muscle smoke and mirrors #2 it suggests he was introduced to steroids at a very young age, some suggest as young as 13.

thats what i wondered when i was looking at the lee priest thread showing progress pics from as young as 12 he looks like he's on steroids then.

Straight shooter is exactly what I would call him.

His mum did look quite muscular for an old bird, it must have been quite high if she was taking something to combat it.

1. arnie there is no other
2. Lee priest a true Aussie champ
3. Kai Greene there is no other quite like him

1. Jchen
2. Jcolossal
3. Jboogie

Nah my top 5 in no order are these guys :

Robbie Robinson
Rory Leidelmeyer (early years)
Shawn Ray
Francois Benfatto
Freddy Ortiz

For me it's been Bill Pearl from the start and still to this day have great admiration for him...

8678211136052340856bill-pearl-big_zps17da5430.jpg

bill-pearl-tearing-license_zpsbbfe54a4.jpg

Pearl-03_zpse398909f.jpg

tumblr_lmy11e0C881qk65fgo1_400_zps2772a982.jpg

billpearl_zps8023836c.jpg

I wont pick just on looks, as too many good ones.

As i am a fan of sports, will go for Levrone because he is strong, runs fast and has a great physique.

Colombo also a good athlete.

Last edited:
I wont pick just on looks, as too many good ones.

As i am a fan of sports, will go for Levrone because he is strong, runs fast and has a great physique.

Colombo also a good athlete.
at this level though they are all good to great athletes. They could turn their hand to a number of sports and be world class, its just when they find that sport to which they are most suited do they become great.

Lee Haney was a very good Gridiron player until he broke his leg and found BB. Dorian Yates was a very good track athlete before finding BB. Lance Armstrong could have been world class at any number of endurance sports (PEDs and lies included). Wally Lewis could have been an Olympic Track Runner. The list is endless with all these "superstars".

If Arnold grew up in Western Sydney and didn't find PL or BB perhaps he would have been a top Rugby League second rower or front rower.

The cream always rises to the top Phil Gould used to say.

Serge Nubret & Frank Zane great balance and symmetry.

And don't forget Arnie but mainly because of the other achievements that go along with the bodybuilding.

Last edited by a moderator: