• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My hero has and always will be Arnie, from the physique to the movies, when i was a kid, he was always the ultimate 'muscleman'

same here. ive never been into bodybuilding enough to be able to make a list of favourites but Arnie was my hero growing up as a kid

i grew up in the 80's man i loved the old school kick ass action movies.

arnie, sly, van damme.... :(

now its all jason stratham.

tbh i didn't find those movies that great, lets face it, arnold can not act.

We all know he can't act, but for entertainment value, they were great...and frankly, everytime a movie is raved about by the critics, it's boring as batshit!!!

Arnie and Sly made beign buff bad ass in the 80's before that everyone thought bber's were gay and/or freaks

Arnold made Bodybuilding popular.
Steve Reeves/Reg Park/Larry Scott going back through the chain made bodybuilding known.

Ronnie,maybe not ruined bodybuilding, just the Aesthetics isnt there.
He is muscular and his symmetry is there but compared to the golden days he doesn't even come close.

Ronnie Coleman i got no problem with just back when he wasnt as bulky.
abf35-ronniecoleman1991.jpg

Last edited:
Happened long before Ronnie was on the scene. Blame the judges they give the money not the athlete.

In no particular order:

Arnie
Franco
Serge
Zane
Levrone

Probably a fair few more but its too early to think.

What were the contributing factors that changed bodybuilding and powerlifting from the 60's to present day, what's happening now, what's the future hold?

For me, I reckon; Reeves, Arnold and Viator, their proportions were 98%
Viator, just looked plain strong.

LOL, it goes well beyond steroids. Arnie and co all used steroids. It's the multitude of other drugs that wiped out the classic physiques.

LOL, it goes well beyond steroids. Arnie and co all used steroids. It's the multitude of other drugs that wiped out the classic physiques.

This....

Arnie and all his mates and even the guys before knew about test. It's insulin, HGH, synthol and the like that have been behind the explosion from the late 90s.

do you guys think arnie had "god given genetics" or was just completely loaded with steroids. I mean yes he would have had to have both, but..