• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough MUdder.

They're bringing this to Adelaide next year. I already have a few guys keen to give it a go with me. Should be a good, fun little challenge :)

Tough Mudder challenge

Anyone do or know of someone that did the Tough Mudder challenge ?
How did you/they go?
What sort of training did you/they do to prepare for it

Yeah I know quite a few people who did it, said it was pretty good but too much waiting when you got to a lot of obstacles, so you cooled down too much between activities...

Oh and apparently it was a great perve, just saying.......

We have created a curcuit at the gym for the 14 boys 1 girl competing in the sydney one. They run 5kms 3 days a week. And a 2 days a week of drills.

tyrestoughmudda.jpg

A few of my friends Did the Melbourne event (that I was meant to do). My friend said the ice water bath was the worst bit, but overall she hated it more than liked it. She has cuts all over her legs!

My friends from the crossfit i used to go to said they went to the perth one and it was pointless. Just running and straight forward obstacles and got through it all unscathed.

my cousin thought the Melbourne one was a bit of a doddle. Annoying having to wait at every obstacle...up to 2 hours on one apparently?
He said the worst part was just all the actual mud...
but he didn't find it particularly challenging. he's ultra fit and strong though.
His takeout was that it was geared to allow the average person to have a go.

my cousin thought the Melbourne one was a bit of a doddle. Annoying having to wait at every obstacle...up to 2 hours on one apparently?
but he didn't find it particularly challenging. he's ultra fit and strong though.

pointless :(

My friends said with a few obstacles there was a wait. I guess it would depend on what wave you were in. That would be annoying.

Apparently im going to Sydney in September to do this.

Looks like fun.

Have to change my training.

Brb buying a weights sled...

Posted this in another thread but this one looks better:

Apparently im going to Sydney in September to do this.

Looks like fun.

Have to change my training.

Brb buying a weights sled...

You going Trent?

Yep I'm signed up for this already with 2 other mates, can't freggin wait to do it, although I'm not sure how to train for it? Just doing squats deeds and bench and might add in sprints I dunno? Lol

I think I'd also like to add has anyone read anything about the toughest mudder? Where the top 5 from each race around the world get selected to do it. Has about the same amount of obstacles although it's only 12 miles long, difference is its how many times you can finish the course in a 24 hour time frame, from memory the guy that won last year finished it 7 times which equals about 80kms not to mention the obstacles.