• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tough MUdder.

It was funny, the problem i saw with the crossfit teams were the size of them. With so many together it's inevitable at least one or two gets an injury, and they wouldn't leave each other behind. My local cf team took 2hrs longer than me, as they walked from the 10k mark with some busted ankles and knees, but I know the guys at least are way ahead of me fitness wise.

pfft lol!

my FB feed was full of unfit people who got off their arses for 2 months to train for this. Back to the couch with injuries for most I'd presume.

my FB feed was full of unfit people who got off their arses for 2 months to train for this. Back to the couch with injuries for most I'd presume.

Haha yep that's mostly the case I think... Until they get over there injuries and think it would be awesome to do another one. Rinse . Repeat..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

I had a great time at Mudder, suited runners more than crossfitters, A female friend of mine ran it in 1hr45mins, she is a triathlete, awesome time, anyone looking at doing this in the future, just make sure you can run for 2-3hrs and can pull your weight over a fence and you will do great, plenty of people to help if you get stuck as well, next year ill def run it solo, I had to walk over half of it sue to unfit team mates

I had a great time at Mudder, suited runners more than crossfitters, A female friend of mine ran it in 1hr45mins, she is a triathlete, awesome time, anyone looking at doing this in the future, just make sure you can run for 2-3hrs and can pull your weight over a fence and you will do great, plenty of people to help if you get stuck as well, next year ill def run it solo, I had to walk over half of it sue to unfit team mates

What day did she run? On Saturday one of the mud miles and the obstacle trench warefare had a wait of about half an hour each. So one hour waiting all up and the rest of the course would have been impossible in 45 minutes :)

I saw many people skipping these obstacles and I don't classify anyone who skipped an obstacle as someone who completed the course. ;)

What day did she run? On Saturday one of the mud miles and the obstacle trench warefare had a wait of about half an hour each. So one hour waiting all up and the rest of the course would have been impossible in 45 minutes :)

I saw many people skipping these obstacles and I don't classify anyone who skipped an obstacle as someone who completed the course. ;)

she ran sat, app first girl through, did not ask if she skipped any obstacles, im sure the front group would have got through quick

Yeh the first group get a good clear run. Not like us plebs stuck at every obstacle watching others stop/cry/struggle/shit themselves/pose for a photo etc etc.

im glad I ran sunday, I started mid pack and had a clear run through every obsticle besides the tunnel which curved, only waited 2 mins there

Had a few mates do this, had a great time. I'd be interested in doing it the next time. Saw some dude with one arm doing it, kudos to him.

Yeh the first group get a good clear run. Not like us plebs stuck at every obstacle watching others stop/cry/struggle/shit themselves/pose for a photo etc etc.

As a matter of interest, was there alot of people out of their depth there?

Nah not really. Anyone could do it! As someone said, you can go around obstacles plus heaps of people walk the whole thing, dressed up, fatties etc. There were a few injuries, spoke to the first aid guys after (they had my mrs insulin pump) and said heaps of concussions and a few ankles.

Nah not really. Anyone could do it! As someone said, you can go around obstacles plus heaps of people walk the whole thing, dressed up, fatties etc. There were a few injuries, spoke to the first aid guys after (they had my mrs insulin pump) and said heaps of concussions and a few ankles.

Worst we saw was a suspected broken neck... fell off the over under bars head first.

How did your Missus go with the event. My wife is type 1 as well and would love for her to have a go.

How did your Missus go with the event. My wife is type 1 as well and would love for her to have a go.

She wouldn't do it again. Too long without insulin. Even taking extra beforehand leads to hypo's as you know.
She did warrior dash and spartan sprint which is more of a better time frame without her insulin pump.
Your mrs on an insulin pump or injections? My mrs been on pump 2 years now. 14 years on injections before that. Sux hey

She wouldn't do it again. Too long without insulin. Even taking extra beforehand leads to hypo's as you know.
She did warrior dash and spartan sprint which is more of a better time frame without her insulin pump.
Your mrs on an insulin pump or injections? My mrs been on pump 2 years now. 14 years on injections before that. Sux hey

Yeah don't think my Mrs will end up doing it, she's not overly excited about fitness but does the minimum she needs to.

She was diagnosed when she was 7 and now she's 33 and only went on the pump at the start of the year and wished she had done it sooner. Certainly makes life easier.