• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is this guys nutritional advice good or not?

Alpha Moth

Trying to get super serious with my diet this year for the 2012 transformation thing, came across this guy whilst watching the whole hodge twins battle.

Does what this guy preach seem like good advice? Most of what his videos preach are the same kind of advice I read everywhere, despite him looking like he doesn't lift, he backs everything up though.
[YOUTUBE]fqSNOKL5ZkA[/YOUTUBE]

If you are not going to listen to Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Martin Berkhan or me, listen to him.

FYI he will say pretty much exactly what the people listed have said in the past.

PS, he has torn Scivation, the 'twins' , Marc Lobliner and Bathel a new asshole a number of times and it is funny :D

If you are not going to listen to Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Martin Berkhan or me, listen to him.

FYI he will say pretty much exactly what the people listed have said in the past.

PS, he has torn Scivation, the 'twins' , Marc Lobliner and Bathel a new asshole a number of times and it is funny :D[/QUOTE

Hey max, your a believe of IIFYM. Bit of a stupid question but would it matter if most of my carbs come from the sugar in orange juice?

And to contribute to this year, what max said.

PS, he has torn Scivation, the 'twins' , Marc Lobliner and Bathel a new asshole a number of times and it is funny :D

So I'm taking his advice is decent. I just like his videos because they are easily understood and explained in a coherent manner.

Hey max, your a believe of IIFYM. Bit of a stupid question but would it matter if most of my carbs come from the sugar in orange juice?

do you not like eating food? :confused:

So I'm taking his advice is decent. I just like his videos because they are easily understood and explained in a coherent manner.
That is correct. I actually found him difficult to listen too, says hmm way too much lol

Srs he knows his shit.

PS, he has torn Scivation, the 'twins' , Marc Lobliner and Bathel a new asshole a number of times and it is funny :D[/QUOTE

Physiologically speaking, for body composition it will not matter one bit.

Making a decent diet is fucking impossible. How do people end up with the macros they want whilst having a decent meal? Like fuck. I'd put together some stuff I like to eat and I always end up with 150+g of fat and around 250g of protein and ~190g of carbs. Is it too much fat? First thing try to do is get around 200g of protein and 100-150g of fat and I don't worry about the carbs.
No idea what I am doing, seems impossible.
For example:
92055836.jpg

From that you can get an idea of what I find enjoyable to eat in large quantities, but so much fat?

Once minimums are met for protein and fat, what makes up the rest of your calorie requirements/needs is of personal preference and what supports exercise performance the best. I don't find that there is anything wrong with your nutritional intake, if you have done what I've mentioned.

Is it bad that I go a little bit over the minimums? Do you feel that I have way too much fat/protein? Where I have my "lunch" is what my dinner is, usually what my mum makes, so that varies, it was just an example. The rest of the food in there is what I do enjoy to eat and that I find easiest to make. Sometimes I'd use a different meat or vegetable but the macros would usually be the same.
I just find it hard to get anything under 150g of fat. Protein is usually 200+, carbs I don't really care about.

Oh maybe my stats would help a bit.
21 years old, ~72-73kg, 180cm. The only thing I've been able to gain weight with was GOMAD but I got fat, so this is my first serious diet. I've tried it before but always ended up eating like a bird and not enough.

Last edited:
Going over you minimums are not a problem, the only problem is not meeting your minimum physiological requirements for body composition.

Worrying about exact numbers is just not necessary unless you are going for sub 6% and doing a bodybuilding shows etc.

Meeting minimums, consuming the appropriate carbohydrate intake that is sufficient for exercise performance and adhering to your calorie requirements are all that matters. If you are making up your calories with a mix of macro's it is not an issue if you are meeting the criteria I've just mentioned.

Non starchy vegetables are extremely high in physical volume relative to calories when compared to grains and legumes.

If one needs a quick source of glucose, starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes are a much better option than grains.