• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
today I went and had another look at some of the Fighter salaries. Most of Rousey's opponents (the part timers no one ever heard of) were earning like 15K for the Fight while Rousey was earning Hundreds of thousands plus undisclosed PPVs.

Baz himself has previously admitted that Rousey is worth a fortune, yet he now denies that there was this massive salary gap between Rousey and her part time opponents.
are you suggesting a sporting organisation would over inflate the tires of a sub par athlete in order to build their own profile and brand?

I'm sure dana white and the UFC would never exploit athletes like that

No matter what we say Baz isn't taking down that Ronda Rousey poster off his bedroom wall.

Rousey earning hundreds of thousands per fight, plus undisclosed PPV, plus a massive UFC contract, plus all the on the side payments for photo shoots and interviews she got due to the UFC promoting her as the greatest fighter since Joe Louis.

All this allowed her to have the best training and facilities money can buy, while her opponents had to hold down ordinary jobs and train in less than ideal conditions.
This is bullshit. I saw Rocky IV.

today I went and had another look at some of the Fighter salaries. Most of Rousey's opponents (the part timers no one ever heard of) were earning like 15K for the Fight while Rousey was earning Hundreds of thousands plus undisclosed PPVs.

Baz himself has previously admitted that Rousey is worth a fortune, yet he now denies that there was this massive salary gap between Rousey and her part time opponents.

You were totally wrong about Ronda fighting part timers and now Dana just offered Floyd 25mil plus pay per view buys to fight Connor. Lol. So likely wrong again. Lol.

Stiff man. Reports mcgregor and Floyd have a come to an agreement to fight in Ireland. See what comes of this.

C'mon Barry. Bad enuf [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; promoting Mundine fights (and putting money in his pocket), no need for you to promote the UFC, McGregor or Mayweather:

"The denials started with UFC president Dana White, who told ESPN, plainly, "There is no deal even close to being done," when reached Tuesday. Mayweather posted on Instagram shortly thereafter, sharing a similar sentiment. "There seems to be several rumors floating around media recently however, let the record show, there hasn't been any deals made in regards to a fight between myself and any other fighters," he said.

http://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/n...r-a-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-fight/

Stiff khunt is rarely wrong ;) ............. right [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION];

It's gonna happen.

When???

When Floyd Mayweather is old and washed up. Conor McGregor wouldn't be in the top 100 Boxers in the World at any weight.

You're just falling for all the hype and advertising, keeping Conor McGregor, the UFC and Floyd Mayweather in the Headlines - putting money into their pockets.

When???

When Floyd Mayweather is old and washed up. Conor McGregor wouldn't be in the top 100 Boxers in the World at any weight.

You're just falling for all the hype and advertising, keeping Conor McGregor, the UFC and Floyd Mayweather in the Headlines - putting money into their pockets.

Lol. Hype and advertising. What you on buddy. If jt doesn't happen it's not putting any extra money in anyone's pockets. Floyd isn't even fighting otherwise. Connor is already the biggest thing in UFC by a mile, he is calling the shots. Holyfield asked to fight him. Lol.

It will be the biggest pay per view ever. Doesn't matter that Floyd is old and a boring fighter and Conner is likely not even close to a good enough boxer to fight Floyd. Every fight fan will watch.

Dana has a massive ego. To be part of the biggest fight ever is right up his alley. The new owners of UFC are just out to make a buck. So dollars will talk to them.

You gotta think like a business person not like a logical fight person.

Lol. Hype and advertising. What you on buddy. If jt doesn't happen it's not putting any extra money in anyone's pockets. Floyd isn't even fighting otherwise. Connor is already the biggest thing in UFC by a mile, he is calling the shots. Holyfield asked to fight him. Lol.

The higher your profile the more attractive you are to Sponsors the more money you earn. Why doesn't a fat kunce like @Shrek; earn much from Sponsors? Because he doesn't have a high enough profile - not enough eyes on him or people listening to anything he says (or wears, or drives etc).

You're also keeping the myth alive that McGregor could swing with Mayweather. Like all the fan boys believing Rousey was a great Fighter.

Dana has a massive ego. To be part of the biggest fight ever is right up his alley. The new owners of UFC are just out to make a buck. So dollars will talk to them.

You gotta think like a business person not like a logical fight person.

Bullshit. Some Fan boys (same ones who thought Rousey was the GOAT) believe he has a chance against Mayweather. Once the Fight happens and McGregor gets his arse handed to him in one round the myth is dead and McGregor and the UFC lose some of their image. At this point McGregor can strut around "I could kick Mayweather's arse blah blah).

It hurts the UFC and McGregor's brand if McGregor gets his arse handed to him by a Boxer.

Last edited:
The higher your profile the more attractive you are to Sponsors the more money you earn. Why doesn't a champ like [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; earn much from Sponsors? Because he doesn't have a high enough profile - not enough eyes on him or people listening to anything he says (or wears, or drives etc).

You're also keeping the myth alive that McGregor could swing with Mayweather. Like all the fan boys believing Rousey was a great Fighter.

Bullshit. Some Fan boys (same ones who thought Rousey was the GOAT) believe he has a chance against Mayweather. Once the Fight happens and McGregor gets his arse handed to him in one round the myth is dead and McGregor and the UFC lose some of their image. At this point McGregor can strut around "I could kick Mayweather's arse blah blah).

It hurts the UFC and McGregor's brand if McGregor gets his arse handed to him by a Boxer.

It's going to happen. Money money money is what it's about. It's a business. You can't seem to work it out.

I've heard whispers that Floyd had blown though a heap of the cash he has made so more will help him.

Connor wants it because worst case he will still make more in this one fight than the rest of his career in the UFC combined.

Mcgregor likely won't get KOed in round one. Floyd isn't a knock out artist and has fucked hands. The very likely outcome is Floyd just mesmerizes him and taps away at a decision win. If it's a KO it's going to be Conor.

You seem to just read what you want. I never said Conor is going to hand with Floyd. In fact I've said the opposite will happen all along so stop talking your usual crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to happen. Money money money is what it's about. It's a business. You can't seem to work it out.

I've heard whispers that Floyd had blown though a heap of the cash he has made so more will help him.

Connor wants it because worst case he will still make more in this one fight than the rest of his career in the UFC combined.

Mcgregor likely won't get KOed in round one. Floyd isn't a knock out artist and has fucked hands. The very likely outcome is Floyd just mesmerizes him and taps away at a decision win. If it's a KO it's going to be Conor.

You seem to just read what you want. I never said Conor is going to hand with Floyd. In fact I've said the opposite will happen all along so stop talking your usual crap.

Cow rooter; why doesn't the UFC want McGregor fighting Mayweather? Because it will hurt the UFC's and McGregor's brand if he gets his arse handed to him!

Wait till Mayweather is washed up, then they'll allow it.

Cow rooter; why doesn't the UFC want McGregor fighting Mayweather? Because it will hurt the UFC's and McGregor's brand if he gets his arse handed to him!

Wait till Mayweather is washed up, then they'll allow it.

Mayweather is likely washed up. He is in his 40s. Lol.

A loss doesn't hurt shit for Connor or The UFC. It's a MMA fighter losing a strict boxing fight, fighting one of the best ever . It's what you would expect, it's what should happen. Connor has zero to lose and a massive amount to win. He has a punchers chance.

Anyone with half a brain knows in a MMA fight Floyd would be very lucky to last a minute. When Connor loses to Floyd in a boxing match on a decision everyone will claim Connor would destroy Floyd in MMA. Connor will straight away call Floyd out for a rematch with some MMA rules allowed. That I don't believe will have a chance of happening.

Cow rooter. That's a new insult. Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; go find out when McGregor comes off contract with the UFC please. That might be your best chance of it happening in the short term.

[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; go find out when McGregor comes off contract with the UFC please. That might be your best chance of it happening in the short term.

No quality insults like cow rooter this time. Sad.

UFC are likely to get onboard anyway for the dollars. If they don't Connor thinks he can use the Ali Act and go at it alone.

Section 10 of the Ali Act states that no promoter is permitted to have a contract with a boxer that has clauses preventing the boxer from participating in a professional boxing match against another boxer under contract.

UFC are likely to get onboard anyway for the dollars. If they don't Connor thinks he can use the Ali Act and go at it alone.

OK. But very hard to trust anything Conner McGregor says. Isn't the UFC run more like WWE, with absolute rights over their Fighters, that's why so many of them are angry at the UFC's extensive control.

Conner McGregor is probably just publicity seeking or trying to apply leverage against the UFC.

I'm sure the UFC have had their Marketing Gurus analysing whether a McGregor/Mayweather bout will be good for them. If they determined it would, I'd say they (UFC) wouldn't have been against it from the start.

OK. But very hard to trust anything Conner McGregor says. Isn't the UFC run more like WWE, with absolute rights over their Fighters, that's why so many of them are angry at the UFC's extensive control.

Conner McGregor is probably just publicity seeking or trying to apply leverage against the UFC.

I'm sure the UFC have had their Marketing Gurus analysing whether a McGregor/Mayweather bout will be good for them. If they determined it would, I'd say they (UFC) wouldn't have been against it from the start.

Dollars talk. Connor has already shown he will go after the money Vs the easy fight. WWE is acting? We are talking fighting here.

It will happen. UFC marketing gurus should be sacked. It's been a terrible start to the year for them with no massive fights booked. They have dragged GSP out of retirement. They'll be looking for the dollars to keep their job.

lol at you trying to take the moral high ground on insults

Remind me of your pet names for big mick?