• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
apparently his test levels were low at fight camp, docs bumped up his dose and he tested over after the fight, on more important news, GSP bowed out, we are going to see a lot of different WW champs over the next few years, no clear standouts of the next dominant champ

GSP Retired Officially? That means the title is vacated yeah?

yes title would be vacated if he has retired. But remember it might not be a "real" retirement. The UFC has fighters contracts so tight, that they have to retire if they don't want to fight or have a break, remember Randy Couture.

He maybe back.

UFC 168.... Wow - what a crazy end to the Weidman vs Silva fight... Certainly no one could have seen that coming..

Rousey vs Tate was the goods, it was nice to see Rousey taken past the first round... Won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it...

Hall vs Leben was good and a crazy finish, the only time I've ever seen that happen..

There were a few fights that were a bit of a snooze fest other than that wasn't a bad day of sitting and watching people beat the living hell out of each other....

Unbelievable lot of fights on the main card. Hall was brutal!!
Tate took it to Rousey, then Ronda not shaking hands at the end showed her true colours. But she is one focused, determined, one track minded woman. That I admire.
As for that broken leg, amazing. To come back from that will take some courage (and rehab lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was only 5 fights on the main card but because the first few ended so quick they replayed some of the earlier prelim fights to fill time. Halls fight was a prelim fight.

Watch the prelim fight with Howard. Not much crowd there early and its quiet and someone lets a big fart rip. Lol.

Browne was brutal against Barnett.

Hall. I'm still not sure about.

Ronda and Misha. I like ronda even more for not shaking her hand. She stuck to her guns. Nothing worse than if they hugged like friends.

People say Misha did well but she didn't. She was rag dolled from start to finish. Got busted up and then ronda still got the arm bar in that everyone new was coming. Misha is struggling now. 2 losses in the ufc and lost 3 out of her last 4 fights. She should have never taken this fight. Also she should get new coaches. Worst game plan ever.

Anderson may have lost because of the leg but he was fucked up early on. Totally out and Weidman holding him up was about the only thing that kept the fight going. Unlucky end but that's sport. Time to finish up. What's he got to prove, still the best ever and a dramatic end. Had a few mates break legs like that at footy, all were 2 years before they were back to normal and these guys were early 20s not almost 40.

There was only 5 fights on the main card but because the first few ended so quick they replayed some of the earlier prelim fights to fill time. Halls fight was a prelim fight.

Watch the prelim fight with Howard. Not much crowd there early and its quiet and someone lets a big fart rip. Lol.

Browne was brutal against Barnett.

Hall. I'm still not sure about.

Ronda and Misha. I like ronda even more for not shaking her hand. She stuck to her guns. Nothing worse than if they hugged like friends.

People say Misha did well but she didn't. She was rag dolled from start to finish. Got busted up and then ronda still got the arm bar in that everyone new was coming. Misha is struggling now. 2 losses in the ufc and lost 3 out of her last 4 fights. She should have never taken this fight. Also she should get new coaches. Worst game plan ever.

Anderson may have lost because of the leg but he was fucked up early on. Totally out and Weidman holding him up was about the only thing that kept the fight going. Unlucky end but that's sport. Time to finish up. What's he got to prove, still the best ever and a dramatic end. Had a few mates break legs like that at footy, all were 2 years before they were back to normal and these guys were early 20s not almost 40.

Yes halls was on the undercard. I
Watched it before main event took the $50 lol.
Same with a mate of mine broke his leg like that (both bones) against Fiji for the Aussie 7s side. He was never the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no idea why Tate was consistently shooting for takedowns, I thought she would of had more chance keeping it on the feet, also im never leg kicking again

Still very unsure about Hall, still dont think he likes being punched, so while things are going his was he looks good but when they aren't he looks ordinary at best.

Rousey well through my eyes she completely dominated Tate, constantly getting takedowns and throws from all angles, many submission attempts and did the damage with ground strikes in the first round, she has certainly improved her standup and striking. And while the refusal to shake hands at the end of the fight did look bad from a sporting point of view she did explain herself in the interview and glad she stuck true to her family and beliefs, she did still say she had respect for Tate as a fighter etc etc she just couldnt shake her hand and pretend everything is OK.

Weidman v Silva, well what an unfortunate ending to a fight and i believe that is the last time we see Silva inside the Octagon, with a break that bad at his age and with such a career he has had is see coming back if for no other reason then his age and the length of time it would take to fix, mend, rehab and then comeback, just too long and he has nothing to gain from it.

Still very unsure about Hall, still dont think he likes being punched, so while things are going his was he looks good but when they aren't he looks ordinary at best.

Rousey well through my eyes she completely dominated Tate, constantly getting takedowns and throws from all angles, many submission attempts and did the damage with ground strikes in the first round, she has certainly improved her standup and striking. And while the refusal to shake hands at the end of the fight did look bad from a sporting point of view she did explain herself in the interview and glad she stuck true to her family and beliefs, she did still say she had respect for Tate as a fighter etc etc she just couldnt shake her hand and pretend everything is OK.

Weidman v Silva, well what an unfortunate ending to a fight and i believe that is the last time we see Silva inside the Octagon, with a break that bad at his age and with such a career he has had is see coming back if for no other reason then his age and the length of time it would take to fix, mend, rehab and then comeback, just too long and he has nothing to gain from it.

Agree. I watched the fights again last night and she was even more dominant than I remembered. Tate kept going in for the take downs and then just kept getting rag dolled judo style. Her coaches need to be shot for the game plan. As you said the striking had improved a lot. Tates nose just keeps getting bigger.

I see cris cyborg is calling her out now but wants ronda to go up to her weight class. Lol. Ronda is the champ. The champ doesn't go chasing the challenger.

I hope anderson doesn't bother coming back. What's the point.

I see cris cyborg is calling her out now but wants ronda to go up to her weight class. Lol. Ronda is the champ. The champ doesn't go chasing the challenger.

Isn't Cyborg still banned from failing a drug test?, either way you're 100% right you want to belt you do what it takes to make the fight happen and venture into the lion's den.

Isn't Cyborg still banned from failing a drug test?, either way you're 100% right you want to belt you do what it takes to make the fight happen and venture into the lion's den.

I think so. Plus she struggles to make 145 let alone 135.

Thoughts on the Weidman v Belfort fight. Even though he didn't really get to finish Silva I now think Weidman is the real deal. He had Anderson knocked out before the injury. Just too strong, striking, on the ground, all round really. But Belfort has been on an absolute path of destruction and looking better than ever. Should be a good fight. I don't know who I would pick.

Did anyone else get the sense that Ronda was toying with Meisha for 2 rounds and just wanted to bust up her nose a bit before taking the arm home?

The skill gap between those two has grown even wider since their strikeforce fight.

Sickening career ending injury for Silva, respect to Weidman tho, the man is a beast.

Did anyone else get the sense that Ronda was toying with Meisha for 2 rounds and just wanted to bust up her nose a bit before taking the arm home?

The skill gap between those two has grown even wider since their strikeforce fight.

Sickening career ending injury for Silva, respect to Weidman tho, the man is a beast.

Don't you just have to get in the octagon to be busting up her nose, that thing has it's own atmosphere..