• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

18 yo mum shoots and kills intruder

I think there's some justice in them allowing her action, so i agree with you in a sense. However, i feel that country is fucked up with it's gun laws....they have a ridiculous passion for their 'constitutional right to bear arms'. I prefer the approach that Johnny Howard took after the Port Arthur massacre, in making access to guns much tougher.

Ten years ago i was on a tour of some kinda FBI headquarters in Washington...they had an agent come out and talk to all the tourists about what their job is like. She asks the crowd something about guns, can't remember what, and a little kid, maybe 6-7 yo, says yeah ive seen a gun, my dad hides it in the wardrobe but ive seen it. Heaps of people in the crowd start laughing.....I'm thinking WTF you laughing about, the kid shouldn't be finding guns in the house! More guns than sense over there IMO.

The trouble with the US is its to easy for anyone to obtain one. Get into an altercation over there and its always in the back of you're mind if the bastard is going to pull a gun on you.

American gun laws are what ours use to be. You see, when I was young it was normal for Dad to carry his rifle in the ute, and I had a gun to shoot rabbits cause they were pests. Mum had a hand gun to shoot any wild pigs that tried to get in our pig pen as they are dangerous fuckers. Now days its all so bad to even consider owning a gun, yet their hasn't been any registered and licensed people shoot anyone in Australia. So its weird how over zealous our gun laws are, and weird how so many are so quick to say guns are bad. Most haven't even shot one.
Funny thing in Australia these days is that people look at you as if your a psycho if you talk about guns yet alone own one. Guns are the great equalizer, they allow woman to have self protection against male intruders, and sensible people are offered protection from the crazy.
Whats that you I hear you say, but they also give crazy people a weapon to kill. LOL, crazy people will use knives/guns/whatever they can get their hands on to kill people, wouldn't you rather be protected by a gun.
I think the girl involved did what she thought was the right thing, and protected her family.

EDIT: I think the real reason the Australian people were disarmed is because the government then have the power to pacify us. Funny how the one major reason the Japs didn't invade Australia in WW2 was because we were a well armed nation of individuals.

LOL, Can't half tell I hate our gun laws huh. My old man made me sell all mine in the Howard amnesty Pffft! LOL
End Rant.

Last edited:
American gun laws are what ours use to be. You see, when I was young it was normal for Dad to carry his rifle in the ute, and I had a gun to shoot rabbits cause they were pests. Mum had a hand gun to shoot any wild pigs that tried to get in our pig pen as they are dangerous fuckers. Now days its all so bad to even consider owning a gun, yet their hasn't been any registered and licensed people shoot anyone in Australia. So its weird how over zealous our gun laws are, and weird how so many are so quick to say guns are bad. Most haven't even shot one.
Funny thing in Australia these days is that people look at you as if your a psycho if you talk about guns yet alone own one. Guns are the great equalizer, they allow woman to have self protection against male intruders, and sensible people are offered protection from the crazy.
Whats that you I hear you say, but they also give crazy people a weapon to kill. LOL, crazy people will use knives/guns/whatever they can get their hands on to kill people, wouldn't you rather be protected by a gun.
I think the girl involved did what she thought was the right thing, and protected her family.

EDIT: I think the real reason the Australian people were disarmed is because the government then have the power to pacify us. Funny how the one major reason the Japs didn't invade Australia in WW2 was because we were a well armed nation of individuals.

LOL, Can't half tell I hate our gun laws huh. My old man made me sell all mine in the Howard amnesty Pffft! LOL
End Rant.

^^^^^^^^^ this

Aussie gun laws are based on lies and media hype not real world experience, it's illegal gun ownership that causes problems not law abiding citizens with licenses firearms.

I am proud to say that I am a legal gun owner, and that I hunt for food and sport.

Invite some one over that you don't like, kill them and tell the police he was an intruder.

You can't kill people.

Funny how the one major reason the Japs didn't invade Australia in WW2 was because we were a well armed nation of individuals.

Yet they invaded America? Somehow I don't think the Japanese were too concerned about a (very small) armed population in Australia.

They didn't invade Australia with land forces (top end was bombed) because they were defeated before they could get here.

Invite some one over that you don't like, kill them and tell the police he was an intruder.

You can't kill people.

I somehow don't think the ice junkie that was kicking down the chicks front door armed with a hunting knife was invited over:confused:

Circumstances and common sense prevails, of course you can not just shoot anyone (killing him not neccessarely being the point of shooting them). Most people are shot in the commission of an offense and are not shot to be killed but to be stopped (the killing could be a by product of being shot). It's like police they shoot to stop, never to kill.

Yet they invaded America? Somehow I don't think the Japanese were too concerned about a (very small) armed population in Australia.

They didn't invade Australia with land forces (top end was bombed) because they were defeated before they could get here.

Read up on your history, they didn't invade because they were fighting on to many fronts and we were well armed, so it wouldn't of been an easy feat.

you have the right to protect your family , the guy had a knife and was breaking in , she could have rapped and or killed and her baby would have lost its mother . Gun laws in oz are ok you can still get a gun licence pretty easy , but what does anybody need an uzi , mack10 or any other fucking crazy guns you can have in the USA

Read up on your history, they didn't invade because they were fighting on to many fronts and we were well armed, so it wouldn't of been an easy feat.

I thought they didnt invade because the country is too fucking big and would have taken too much man power to occupy , also i read somewhere that a small party did land in th top end somewhere , they didnt come across any human resistance but managed to die anyway

Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty confident of my history knowledge - it was a substantial part of my RAAF Officer training a while back.

IMO, the only time anyone will ever hear the claim that the armed citizenry of Australia scared the japanese and was a major reason we weren't invaded, is when a gun proponent is suggesting softer gun laws. Agree to disagree I guess.

Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty confident of my history knowledge - it was a substantial part of my RAAF Officer training a while back.

IMO, the only time anyone will ever hear the claim that the armed citizenry of Australia scared the japanese and was a major reason we weren't invaded, is when a gun proponent is suggesting softer gun laws. Agree to disagree I guess.

The Japs never invaded America, they attacked America and fled home (IMHO). Yes by the time they started thinking of attacking Australia for its resource wealth they were defeated, so as why they didn't want to go against a country (be it very small) that would put up resistance with any fight because it had well armed citizenry.

I agree to disagree, but don't use the notion of studying at RAAF as a basis for your overwhelming superiority on this subject. I could ramble on all day about growing up in a military family so blah blah I know this or that but I wasn't making it up, I remember learning it in high school. I don't appreciate the condescending nature of your last comment about a gun proponent suggesting softer gun laws, that is how I and many of my mates grew up in this country, it is sad that so many think that only mad people have guns these days, your comment was inappropriate and not conductive to the conversation. I bid this retort as the end of my discussion on this matter, it was my opinion and my opinion only, I feel not the need to go any further with this as it is not what I come on ausbb for, this is the sort of conversation best left for T-Nation or bb.com, not here. And finally, I am sorry if I offended you Hoffy with my somewhat offensive retort to your opinion in my second post to you, I am not usually so quick to bite a response back, and after re-reading it, feel it was inappropriate of me.

Thank you
Graeme

Last edited: