• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increasing calories for bulking.

SWH

I'm currently weighing around 77-78kg (Not entirely sure since waterweight is always a factor when I hop on the scales) from around 75kg in 3 months. Goal weight is around 85kg by around April. I'm sitting at around 2k calories but I don't really count too strictly. Normal meals for a day would look like this -

Breakfast - Cereal, 4x Toast w/ Peanut butter

Meal 2 - Chicken and rice

Pre workout - Shake w/ oats or just plain shake

Post workout - Shake w/ Dextrose

Dinner - Steak with potatoes and vegetables

Meal 6 - Peanut butter w/ protein powder and milk

This would usually be around 2000 calories a day. I was wondering if I should up the calories even more or if i'm doing something wrong nutritionally? Any help is appreciated

Maxwell Smart on the forum recommends 35 x desired body weight as a target calorie intake. Something like that anyways....but 2k in calories is way too low bro.

I use a simple method and thats eating a shit load of steak, potatos, rice, pasta, oats, milk, cottege cheese, protein shakes and train fucking hard....

As DKD mentioned, Start off at 35calories/kg of bodyweight. Increase by 5-10% if after 2 weeks weight has not increased.

If you are gaining more than .5kgs a week/1kg a month you are gaining fat for the most part.

I weigh 80kgs and am eating 3200-3300 cals per and am slowly putting the weight on.
If i ate 2000 per i would waste away to nuthin.

I was maintaining bodyweight at 2k. I didn't lose any weight at that amount of calories, but that wasn't precise it would of been 2k-2.5k probably, its not strict calorie counting. i'm eating around 2.8k - 3k calories now.