• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey Trent,

I was using your calculation;
Lean Body Weight (men) = (1.10 x Weight(kg)) - 128 x ( Weight2/(100 x Height(m))2)

to work out my LBM but kept getting an LBM approx 8kg higher than my current weight. (I'm currently 182cm 88kg getting a LBM result of 96.46kg) I'm not too sure where I'm calculating it wrong are you able to see what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated !!

(1.1 x 88) - 128x (88x88) / (182 x182) = 96.8 - 29.9 = 66.9
%BF = 24

Trent doesn't understand maths :p (weight)^2 is what he meant to write.

Last edited:
Hey Trent,

I was using your calculation;
Lean Body Weight (men) = (1.10 x Weight(kg)) - 128 x ( Weight2/(100 x Height(m))2)

to work out my LBM but kept getting an LBM approx 8kg higher than my current weight. (I'm currently 182cm 88kg getting a LBM result of 96.46kg) I'm not too sure where I'm calculating it wrong are you able to see what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated !!

I got 66.875kg. So your around 22% BF (giving u the benefit of the doubt :p).

**Remember this isnt the most accurate due to bone struture/internal organs. Best to get a dexa or 10 pointer calipre test down.

P.S screw u bitches.. im taking my buddha body away and none of u can rub it!! Back to watching youtube videos at work.
Edit - And yes i did type it wrong!! ROFL..

Last edited:
And what is the best fish oil subs? Wild Krill, Salmon, plain fish oil...?
How much fat should come from sups?

What sources of fat do you normally recommend???

Anything unsaturated pretty much is fine.. i.e polyunsaturated and unsaturated.

deep said:
And what is the best fish oil subs? Wild Krill, Salmon, plain fish oil...?
How much fat should come from sups?

EFA's must be used as your body doesnt produce these.
So basically anything omega 3 and 6 from fish oil tabs or fish is fine (google contents of omega in the fish so i dont have to type it here :))

Min of 2.5g-3g fish oil a day and or 3g of primrose oil.
Just pop the fish oil with every meal.

I was sure trent was going to say he got most of his fats from reading dave's journal...

Also keep an eye on the PUFA to MUFA ratio. (refer pubmed 9625595 etc)

Trent, im going out tonight, im within the first 2 weeks of keto, can i drink alcohol?

Trent, im going out tonight, im within the first 2 weeks of keto, can i drink alcohol?

No!! NONE FOR YOU!!

If u must try and have non carb drinks. I usually have soda lemon lime/coke zero vodka etc this still keeps in in ketosis.

And being on ketosis makes alot of people a cheap drunk anyway. 2 drinks and your gone .. :D

Ketosis still seems far too extreme for me. I lost a steady 0.5kgs per week over 26 weeks to drop about 15kgs. No carb cycling or anything, just a constant calorie count each day (with the occasional cheat day).

I'm sure it works, but it just seems like an unhealthy way of losing weight. Why do in such an extreme way what can be done in a perfectly normal way (with less effort)? Worrying about carb cycling and all that is just another complication for me.

Mind you I only got to about 10% bodyfat, although I was still leaning up. I reckon I could probably get to about 7 -8% without having to resort to keto.

Apparently I'm 23%??

What I don't get is the formula is ONLY based on height and weight. That makes it about as useful as BMI.

I don't use the formula as much when it involves long trained individuals . A lot of it is skewed towards non trained persons.. but as mentioned above its better to do dexa or calipers ..

I get a lot of the guys to get a dexa or if they don't have the money I do a 7 point calipers test to get rough bf% ..

I got 66.875kg. So your around 22% BF (giving u the benefit of the doubt :p).

**Remember this isnt the most accurate due to bone struture/internal organs. Best to get a dexa or 10 pointer calipre test down.

P.S screw u bitches.. im taking my buddha body away and none of u can rub it!! Back to watching youtube videos at work.
Edit - And yes i did type it wrong!! ROFL..

Thanks TLS and Trent !!

By the sounds of my body fat I might have to start thinking about cutting ! :p

Might have to get the 10 calipre test done to compare but this is a good starting point if I go on Keto

questions about the carb up day im eating 2600 calories ( 500 calories under my b.m.r) i weigh 94 kilos and over 20% body fat so i have a 94 grams of carb meal which = 376 does it matter if i add that onto my 2600 calories?

How do the carb requirements on refeed days change for females, as the body fat splits you have seem to be more for men?

questions about the carb up day im eating 2600 calories ( 500 calories under my b.m.r) i weigh 94 kilos and over 20% body fat so i have a 94 grams of carb meal which = 376 does it matter if i add that onto my 2600 calories?

typically you subtract the calories you consume in the form of carbs from those you would usually consume as fat. so in your case, consume 42g less fat on your carb up days. if you REALLY wanted to, you could just have the carbs on top of your usual diet, but it would slow down your weight loss by around 10% at your current caloric intake

your body cannot use fat as a source of energy in the presence of alcohol, and 1 standard drink can take anything from 1hr to 48hrs to be removed from your body (depending on how much you have had to drink, conditioning, genetics, liver health). OP is right though. I used to be able to put down over $400 in drink in a single night, but as soon as I tried a keto diet, tI got a hangover from 2 glasses of wine!
the hangovers are nasty as fuck btw :p

for anyone who does want a little extra info, try reading Lyle McDonald's "The Ketogenic Diet". OP was more then adequate to set you on your path to success though.

the best thing about keto, in my opinion? guilt free bacon n eggs for breakfast everyday! :D