• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Those posts you quoted are very old.
This is Trents take on Keto....... Lyle McDonald has his own thread.

Last edited:
i figured someone might the info useful, and, as the original posts remained unanswered, didn't see the harm in posting. better that more answers be found alongside threads with good OPs like this one then people keep starting new threads on the same topic, imo.

I found the calculation to be pretty spot on.
I come out at 20% and my most recent DEXA put me at 21%.

Not a lot of BF in my case, just not enough LBM yet :(

But the calc is pretty good!

Soo...anyone else jumped on the keto wagon yet?

been doing keto for the past week now. lost 2kg water weight. I used the app "myfitnesspal" to calculate my macros. Been easy eating bacon and eggs for breaky. When im really hungry, eat lots of broccoli, spinach or asparagus to fill up.

Still getting my head to around eating out though.

fast food im thinking mcdonalds -2 double cheeseburgers without buns, ask them to wrap it in lettuce sheets. haha.

anyone have any other ideas?

been doing keto for the past week now. lost 2kg water weight. I used the app "myfitnesspal" to calculate my macros. Been easy eating bacon and eggs for breaky. When im really hungry, eat lots of broccoli, spinach or asparagus to fill up.

Still getting my head to around eating out though.

fast food im thinking mcdonalds -2 double cheeseburgers without buns, ask them to wrap it in lettuce sheets. haha.

anyone have any other ideas?

haha i love to get sausge patties and eggs form maccas, No chees no buns.

for the simple fact i could not log it at the time.

The meat has enough fat anyways.

But just the two alone are freekin aswome, Not as much protine in the sasuage as i would like though

174 cals- 17 grams of fat and 7 grams of protein.

Last edited:
Ive found this formula works as well.

Lean Body Weight (men) = (1.10 x Weight(kg)) - 128 x ( Weight^2/(100 x Height(m))2)
Im very interested in trying a keto diet, i tried using the formula to see my LBM but i failed miserably. BW - 86kgs Height - 185cm. Can anyone help?

hey, i'm a chickie who has been IF for ages now and i was wondering what peoples' experiences are with combining IF and keto... i tried it for a bit, but slipped majorly and was suddenly eating dodgy crap i've never craved/wanted before. really want to clean up my eating again and get muscle definition way up. newbie to the forum so any tips much appreciated! cheers

hey, i'm a chickie who has been IF for ages now and i was wondering what peoples' experiences are with combining IF and keto... i tried it for a bit, but slipped majorly and was suddenly eating dodgy crap i've never craved/wanted before. really want to clean up my eating again and get muscle definition way up. newbie to the forum so any tips much appreciated! cheers

There's no reason why it wouldn't work, if you set out a meal plan and work it into your window of consumption it will most likely work well.
I always start a new diet with foods I am allowed to eat, and foods I'm allowed to eat alot of.

Gidday,

IF done properly should have already delivered excellent results...

Sounds more like you need to squat and deadlift more to add some muscle mass...

Perhaps start a log and share your stats and training history so peeps can offer assistance???

Good luck!

Gidday,

IF done properly should have already delivered excellent results...

Sounds more like you need to squat and deadlift more to add some muscle mass...

Perhaps start a log and share your stats and training history so peeps can offer assistance???

Good luck!

True that. I've just been well overeating when I do eat. Definitely a case of negative reinforcement as I avoid working on my uni thesis. Time to get my act together!