• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mike O'Hearn vs Jim Wendler

pumpedup86

Who would win a fight between these two dudes.

5/3/1 vs Power Bodybuilding, what do you think is the best routine out of these two massively publicized routines and who would win a backyard brawl?

Wendler via having a beard.

Pretty sure Mike is another Mehdi type (stronglifts 5 x 5) Using the same routine other people have been using for a while just with better marketing. Could be wrong though and won't mind someone correcting me.

Since this Mike guy (who we all, unanimously, have never heard of) is posting a 12-week program on bb.com, I'll have to give the cake to Wendler on this one.

In saying that, I don't think 5/3/1 is all that great, either. A single top set for each of the main lifts once per week doesn't work well with me. I need repetition, and by that I don't mean high rep sets, but rather if I only do the one heavy work set it won't do much to reinforce the motor patterns of that heavy set. I had the same problem when I tried the 5x5 ramping programming used by Madcow and Bill Starr. For me, in everything other than deadlifts, the only thing better than 1 heavy set is 2 heavy sets of the same workload, and the only thing better than that is 3 sets, etc. I'm not sure how much of it is that more sets = more volume thus promotes more hypertrophy, and how much of it is simply reinforcing the neural pathways, but I think it's actually more of the latter than the former.

Mike was an up and comming natural bodybuilder 10 years ago, him and Tito Raymond where quite popular. He was always kind of strong even back then. Don't think he could hold a candle to Wendler though

Last edited:
Wendler and Mike

You all are dumb. Wendler is weak compared to oO'Hearn. Wendell has a hard time benching 400 lb where as O'Hearn benches 500+. O'Hearn can also squat way more than Wendler. Not sure where you all are getting your information. If you do not know what you are talking about shut your mouth.

You all are dumb. Wendler is weak compared to oO'Hearn. Wendell has a hard time benching 400 lb where as O'Hearn benches 500+. O'Hearn can also squat way more than Wendler. Not sure where you all are getting your information. If you do not know what you are talking about shut your mouth.

Strong first post.

1. This thread is a year old
2. No one whos important has ever heard of this mike guy.
3. Wendler is a 250lbs powerlifter and has a beard. Automatic win.
4. Just settle down before you hurt yourself champ

I always lol at this "powerbuilding" bullshit
Oh wow, you get stronger with reps and have a good diet?? What an amazing revolution you made!

LMAO

Who would win a pissing contest Wendler or O'Hearn? Wendler caught up with some mates last night and had a few. The time of the contest is 7 am. Both of their new books weigh the same.

FFS - next we will see WWF wrestling match ups on here.

In order:
5/3/1
Wendler

Why is this a fucking question and who is this Mike guy?

Yeah.

Just don't ask Ben who would win a fight between Cain Velasquez and a Powerlifter.

Captain Kirk Kawolski (however you spell his name) is the greatest fighter to ever lib ............ coz he's a Powerlifter!!!!

why do you keep necro'ing these shit threads. Also why can't there ever be a powerlifting discussion that doesn't turn into shitposting :/

why do you keep necro'ing these shit threads. Also why can't there ever be a powerlifting discussion that doesn't turn into shitposting :/

Necrobumping is encouraged. I assume so Admin doesn't have to start as many new threads all the time, unless you want too. There was an Admin thread in the Rules section encouraging it.

If someone wants to claim Kirk Kawolski (however you spell his name) is the greatest fighter to have ever lived, they deserve to be trolled back.

nah just weird threads that you bump up. stupid thread was stupid to start with.

laughter is the best medicine. With regard to the thread, both 5/3/1 and O'hearn's "Powerbuilding" routine seem OK (obviously Wendler's is more creditable though).

Learn to reply and tag pls.

i think theres subforums for the likes of him and his mates to talk.this probably isnt the place.