• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Where to start on being a personal trainer/str coach?

pumpiniron

Hey guys, I am interested in doing courses on personal training, str coach, anything in the bodybuilding area, as it is something i would be interested in doing in the future, also i have a fair bit of spare time on my hands due to only workin bout 30-35 hours a week so it will give me something to do. What would be good way to start , does anyone know any good courses online?

Find a good course so you can get the certs and get insurance. Whilst doing that find a great coach to teach you how to lift and learn as you train under them. You will have to make some decisions a bit later on what you really want to do because you rarely train guys who want to get huge or strong unless you are lucky to get a job somewhere great (very rare) or start your own small gym.

Find a good course so you can get the certs and get insurance. Whilst doing that find a great coach to teach you how to lift and learn as you train under them. You will have to make some decisions a bit later on what you really want to do because you rarely train guys who want to get huge or strong unless you are lucky to get a job somewhere great (very rare) or start your own small gym.

I have a mate from the old gym I went to that had finished his fitness cert and worked as a trainer there. He basically has said the same thing as Dave, he is now back finishing his electrician trade with his old man because after a few years of being a trainer he didn't get what he wanted from it. Dam shame too, he is so bloody good at it. He now just does it part-time for a few extra bucks, but he still would love to have his own gym one day and train a champion as he puts it. Guess some things just ain't cracked up to be what you think of them. Then again, if you were willing to chase the position that would put you in the arena of champions, you might just get out of it what others have not.

Hey guys, I am interested in doing courses on personal training, str coach, anything in the bodybuilding area, as it is something i would be interested in doing in the future, also i have a fair bit of spare time on my hands due to only workin bout 30-35 hours a week so it will give me something to do. What would be good way to start , does anyone know any good courses online?

I think first you need to decide what you're interested in. Opening your own small gym like PTC, being a PT at fitness first, instructor at crossfit, consulting to athletes, and running bootcamps to overweight ladies are all very different pursuits.

What experience qualifications do you have now?

Best way to find a path is to clearly define where you are now and where you'd like to be then join the dots.

I wanna Make diet plans, workout routines for people, show them how to do the lifts properly. aka aka, I wouldnt like to work in a gym or anything maybe just advertise myself in the paper.

I wanna Make diet plans, workout routines for people, show them how to do the lifts properly. aka aka, I wouldnt like to work in a gym or anything maybe just advertise myself in the paper.

You need the experience first so you need to work in a gym or training lots of different people.