• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulk Nutrients sample pack review

CaT_SPeW

extra crispy
so the guys at Bulk Nutrients were kind enough to send me out another sample pack after my first one was lost in the post. the pack contained the following samples:

WPI: 1 x choc mint, vanilla, banana, strawberry
BCAA's: 1 x flavoured
Pre workout NT x 1

first thing i liked about these samples was the nutritional info on the packets, samples ive had in the past often have no info not even the serving size on the pack so this was a big tick. i'll review each sample as i use it so far though ive only had the choc mint WPI yesterday.

(all samples taken plain with 1 1/2 cups water in a shaker cup)

WPI: CHOC MINT
choc mint is not exactly the flavour i'd order 5kg's of im more of a traditional choc or vanilla guy as those flavours go well with any ingredients you put in a shake i cant really imagine what a choc mint, banana, PB and coconut oil shake would taste like. having said that the flavour of this was pretty good, neither the choc or the mint seemed to overpower each other and i reckon i could drink this flavour for awhile without getting too sick of it. mixability was awesome a few shakes and it blended perfect with no lumps or foam. im working my way through 5kg of choc from another supplier at the moment and along with a few lumps im always left with a thick layer of foam that i have to wait to settle before i can drink it.

verdict: overall a good start on the first sample, more reviews to follow.

Last edited:
WPI: BANANA
I love banana lollies and this is what i smelled as soon as i opened the pack. Taste was what i expected just like banana lollies, it was quite sweet though but that works well when your only mixing it in water like me. Those mixing with dextrose may find it a bit too sweet though. Mixability was great, no lumps and no foam. I wish i had another banana sample because i reckon this would be awesome blended up with some milk and a banana.

verdict: putting it on my shortlist to order

WPI: STRAWBERRY
This smelt awesome out of the pack and i thought it was going to be mega sweet which i was kind of hoping for since i just mix it with straight water but it didnt taste as sweet as it smelt, i would probably prefer something a little sweeter but like the banana flavour this would be pretty awesome mixed with milk or dextrose. Good points was once again the mixability and also it didnt have an artificial taste at all which is always a plus if you just bought 5kg of the stuff

verdict: better than other strawberrys ive had in the past

I think your reviews are spot on Dave. I agree pretty much with everything you've said.

I had all the flavours to sample in WPI...and I have always hated banana flavoured anything...but this, WOW!!
I know what my next order will be

WPI: VANILLA
ok so vanilla is the last flavour to test and to be honest i thought the flavour was a little bland, i was expecting it to be a bit stronger and sweeter but to be fair ive found that most vanilla powdesr i taste fall below my expectations of course they are a lot better when added to milk and vanilla is a great flavour to add to other flavours and ingredients Once again mixability was awesome with no clumps and only a small amount of foam that settled quickly.

verdict: i would buy this with the purpose of mixing it in milk rather than water

Can I just add my sample experience....

Firstly I love BN products!!!! No fancy marketing gimicks... Just quality no bull**** ingredients... (No I don't work there or know anyone from there)

I trialled the Choc Mint WPI sample with milk... And it rocked my world...

When I got it I was like Pffft.... As if im buy this!!!!! That changed pretty quickly once I tried it...

Tried the Choc WPC in water and it was ok.... ( Think I still had my mind on the choc mint).... Probably would have tasted different in milk.... Either way it did not press my buttons....

Meanwhile my current protein is BN WPC vanilla... Which is still my staple taken with water.... I love this... But not as much as I love Choc mint in milk now...

Yes Im ordering Choc mint tomorrow... And some more vanilla.... Can't wait to have some more....

Everyone will be different... Anyone reading should Drop BN a line for some samples... You won't be sorry....

BCAA's: FLAVOURED
The packet did not specify what flavour these were but it smelt like citrus and i thought it would be pretty good, firstly i should mention that ive never had bcaa's before so i wasnt aware of the taste. bcaa's taste like crap. i have no doubt though that they would taste a lot worse without any flavouring so as far as taste goes bulk nutrition have done a pretty good job masking it, personally though i'll just stick with whey protein. mixability was pretty average as well but i do recall reading on bulk nutrients website that the mixability isnt the best due to the purity of the product so this didnt really matter to me.

Verdict: ive no doubt it does what its supposed to do but i'll steer clear due to the taste

Last edited:
Hey Hyjak, which flavour of protein powder was better in terms of taste because i'm thinking of purchasing banana flavour.

Pre Workout NT

ok so time for the last sample i'd almost forgot i still had it. First off i have to say that i have NEVER had a pre workout product in my life other than an energy drink or a coffee so im a complete pre workout virgin and i never train mornings so what better way to test this product than a 10:30am deadlift session. i did have a coffee about 2.5 hours prior to taking this stuff but i drink a lot of coffee anyway so i dont think it would have had an affect here.

Mixability was very good there was no lumps or clumps left in the shaker and taste was pretty good too, it was similiar to the BCAA's but not as strong and it had a citrus taste to it. Instantly after consuming this my top lip was very tingly which lasted about 5 minutes and was followed by a tingling sensation around my mouth and throat area which didnt bother me too much. I definitely felt focused and energised during my deadlifts which i cruised through, in between sets i was a bit fidgety and did wander around a fair bit waiting for the next set. The rest of the workout went smoothly and i completed all reps and sets with no dramas even threw in an extra set of pull ups for fun and to be honest sitting here typing this half an hour after training i feel like i could easily go out for run.

Verdict: thumbs up. i cant compare this to any other products as this is the only one ive tried but it worked well for me, i'd buy this and probably use it sparingly for days that i cant be bothered training.

You didnt happen to try the natural WPI by any chance?/know anyone who has?

I've emailed for free samples but haven't received anything 3 months later :/ so I'm resorting to other peoples feedback.

Pre Workout NT

ok so time for the last sample i'd almost forgot i still had it. First off i have to say that i have NEVER had a pre workout product in my life other than an energy drink or a coffee so im a complete pre workout virgin and i never train mornings so what better way to test this product than a 10:30am deadlift session. i did have a coffee about 2.5 hours prior to taking this stuff but i drink a lot of coffee anyway so i dont think it would have had an affect here.

Mixability was very good there was no lumps or clumps left in the shaker and taste was pretty good too, it was similiar to the BCAA's but not as strong and it had a citrus taste to it. Instantly after consuming this my top lip was very tingly which lasted about 5 minutes and was followed by a tingling sensation around my mouth and throat area which didnt bother me too much. I definitely felt focused and energised during my deadlifts which i cruised through, in between sets i was a bit fidgety and did wander around a fair bit waiting for the next set. The rest of the workout went smoothly and i completed all reps and sets with no dramas even threw in an extra set of pull ups for fun and to be honest sitting here typing this half an hour after training i feel like i could easily go out for run.

Verdict: thumbs up. i cant compare this to any other products as this is the only one ive tried but it worked well for me, i'd buy this and probably use it sparingly for days that i cant be bothered training.

The tingling sensation is the Beta Analnine... Different people get it in different places... Sometimes it can feel like fire ants running around your body...

Fidgeting will be a result of the caffiene... (Can sometimes result in a crash post workout)

Feeling focused and energised with the ability to still go for a run is the DMAA... You also tend to feel pretty cruisey and mellow...:cool:

Pre Workout NT

Concur... Went a little tingly but got home after a good workout and felt like I could go or a run...there is more to it than the caffeine. I suspect the dmaa or "geranium extract" is what packed the punch...