• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my friend's routine, need feedback

I'm pretty sure it says that inflammation is the proximate cause of over training and that inflammation signals central fatigue and links to the relevant studies
So now you've just said that CNS fatigue does exist ??

yeah I was exaggerating when I said it "didn't exist" but it's easily manageable imo

so far no studies done on humans
so far no studies to back up the hypothesis of inflammation causing neural fatigue.
so far nothing stating use of anti inflammatory will reduce neural fatigue

This means it is way too early to call direct CNS fatigue broscience. I would love inflammation to be the cause but nothing is ever that clear cut nor does stopping inflammation mean it could be good for you. There is a reason for inflammation it is not some process that just happens because your body thought fuck him for treating me like that. Tons of research is needed in this area before you can state any thing. Bottom line is though CNS fatigue does exist but the cause is still not known though there are theories.

I'm surprised more people did just tell the OP to get his friend to do a 3 day full body routine, like the PTC Beginners program or starting strength. I remember a while back that was the standard response to 99% threads like this, not half the shit in this thread.

In my opinion I can look at that routine posted in the OP and tell the lifter in question isn't very experienced. I doubt an experienced lifter would 1) make a routine like that 2) be asking if it was ok.

so far no studies done on humans
so far no studies to back up the hypothesis of inflammation causing neural fatigue.
so far nothing stating use of anti inflammatory will reduce neural fatigue

This means it is way too early to call direct CNS fatigue broscience. I would love inflammation to be the cause but nothing is ever that clear cut nor does stopping inflammation mean it could be good for you. There is a reason for inflammation it is not some process that just happens because your body thought fuck him for treating me like that. Tons of research is needed in this area before you can state any thing. Bottom line is though CNS fatigue does exist but the cause is still not known though there are theories.

I guess but in practice people get very good results with anti-inflammatories in preventing fatigue

I take 400mg ibuprofen after training, seems to work well.

Quote all the studies you want there is an old science term used to describe the above PLACEBO. Forget the drugs want to avoid CNS (or whatever fancy term you have for fatigue) and have optimal recovery do three things
1. adequate rest (listen to your body)
2. stay hydrated
3. eat lots of the right food

I'm surprised more people did just tell the OP to get his friend to do a 3 day full body routine, like the PTC Beginners program or starting strength. I remember a while back that was the standard response to 99% threads like this, not half the shit in this thread.

the word around the pussy bush is that no one has ever gotten big from doing a 3 day full body routine like PTC, or SS :D

What the hell is that meant to mean?

What I assume he means is that - pussy's say that full body 3x a week does nothing, but they wouldn't know because they're too 'pussy' to give it a go. So he's being sarcastic..

What I assume he means is that - pussy's say that full body 3x a week does nothing, but they wouldn't know because they're too 'pussy' to give it a go. So he's being sarcastic..

That's what I got from it.

ha, i didn't think it would take that long for someone to realise that it was sarcastic. :)

ps. No Dan, wasn't having a go at you.

ha, i didn't think it would take that long for someone to realise that it was sarcastic. :)

ps. No Dan, wasn't having a go at you.

Haha yeah. Sometimes the internet is hard to determine if someone is being serious or sarcastic :p