• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my friend's routine, need feedback

I personally think a straight push/pull is much better. Push/pull/legs is often just an excuse to add more upper body volume for pumpers but if you are going to got that way I always try to suggest that you keep deads on back day.

I agree with this, you have argued your case in a good way and I have come to agreement with what you are saying

No, the moral is achieve something before you try and tell people to do things, or that proven methods are wrong.
Especially if what your saying to do shit like heavy deads and heavy squats on the sane day.

It's not MY advice though, it's just beginner advice given by multiple people who HAVE achieved these things. I could recommend Starting Strength and you'd get buttmad

I thought his pbs were all done at a higher bodyweight? and his current lifts at 65kg are nothing special, and definitely not on par with El Freako or Sticky. 2 of the best raw lifters in the country

having not read the rest of the thread just gonna put it out there that Daniel Anderson pulls heavy straight after his heavy squat session.

Just for those interested, using siff formula a 190kg deadlift at 65kg body weight is equivalent to a 230kg deadlift at 95kg bodyweight, which is ok but hardly outstanding.

We all know bodyweight ratios massively favour the skinny runts.

They were done at 65kg, I dropped back down to about 62.5kg during competition

if all u do is lift day and night and sleep eat sure. I put 3 of my guys on heavy deads and squats as a test. Hugo and Richard didn't recover and they stagnated and started having slight injuries.
Vemry the Only one who was unemployed and slept ate all day managed and thrived on it. Since dropping that combo the 2 have progressed.

Forums are sometimes full of misinformation. Best try it for yourself.

actually i thinking about my diet at the time, i was also working a desk job and i did eat a fuckload at least 3000 - 3500 maybe even 4000 some days as a 72kg and went up to 84.7 in maybe 7-8 months couldve been less. i just chugged milk all day along with 3 solid meals and snacks. i remember one day not wanting to move out of the office at 5 coz i'd just eaten a plate of spag bol as a "snack" and had to get to PTC at 6 downing a protein shake in milk on the way lol

if all u do is lift day and night and sleep eat sure. I put 3 of my guys on heavy deads and squats as a test. Hugo and Richard didn't recover and they stagnated and started having slight injuries.
Vemry the Only one who was unemployed and slept ate all day managed and thrived on it. Since dropping that combo the 2 have progressed.

Really, it is possible and not as difficult as people make it out to be. I did deads and squats the same day for a long time and made some of my best gains and it's not like I have any special recovery abilities.

Was it ideal? I have no clue but it can work fine.

This was all while working a physical job.

What kind of injuries? Genuinely interested

How so?

First I've heard that.

(also, not sure if I'm allowed to ask q's in here as I'm nowhere near 3x bw DL :p)

Matthew Perryman will be able to explain it much better than I ever will:
Back to Overtraining ? Myosynthesis
Hypothesis: Inflammation is the main reason you can’t train daily. ? Myosynthesis

I take 400mg ibuprofen after training, seems to work well.. The biggest benefit I get though is drinking ginger tea / infusion. Just a cup a day is great and it even cures DOMS for me. Make you feel kinda high as well

You could also look into get a nootropic, I like l-tyrosine but you don't really need it. I take between 3-5g a day just because it's cheap really, it's also pretty good pre-workout as a stim but doesn't make you tired afterwards like psyching up would

Matthew Perryman will be able to explain it much better than I ever will:
Back to Overtraining ? Myosynthesis
Hypothesis: Inflammation is the main reason you can’t train daily. ? Myosynthesis

I take 400mg ibuprofen after training, seems to work well.. The biggest benefit I get though is drinking ginger tea / infusion. Just a cup a day is great and it even cures DOMS for me. Make you feel kinda high as well

You could also look into get a nootropic, I like l-tyrosine but you don't really need it. I take between 3-5g a day just because it's cheap really, it's also pretty good pre-workout as a stim but doesn't make you tired afterwards like psyching up would

There was not an explanation of how neural fatigue does not exist in either of those two links. Just suggestions like yours without an explanation. Come back with proper links backed with studies and I might believe you.

There was not an explanation of how neural fatigue does not exist in either of those two links. Just suggestions like yours without an explanation. Come back with proper links backed with studies and I might believe you.

Well, it shows that neural fatigue is caused mostly by inflammation so really what I am saying is that it is easily controllable I guess. There was also a study that claimed more research needed to be done to be sure on whether or not it exists

Well, it shows that neural fatigue is caused mostly by inflammation so really what I am saying is that it is easily controllable I guess. There was also a study that claimed more research needed to be done to be sure on whether or not it exists

Where does it show this??? There as a study that had no conclusion on overtraining and it did not directly run a trial itself but ran through other studies. You are still yet to provide evidence. Waiting patiently.

I'm pretty sure it says that inflammation is the proximate cause of over training and that inflammation signals central fatigue and links to the relevant studies