• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DKD

Private Dancer
Hello there boys and girls. :)

I didn't win $31 million in Lotto last night, so this here is Plan B.

Vitals:

Height: 183cm
Weight: 94.3 kg (weighed today)
Bodyfat: not sure, but estimated at 88.572%

Background:

Had far too many years of sedentary lifestyle, wasn't happy with how I looked, so around Sep/Oct 09 I decided to have a crack at weights for the first time at age 41. I just did dumbbell and resistance band workouts for the first couple of months and around Xmas 09 I started setting up a proper home gym.

In 2010 I was extremely committed and did close to 200 workouts in the year. I also lost a lot of weight and got quite lean. I thought I was probably too lean though, without enough muscle, so decided I needed to bulk up. That hasn't worked out as well as planned. :(

In 2011 I was pumped for another big year but in January I had an MRI scan revealing a torn labrum (cartilage) in my left shoulder. I tried physio but that made it more painful. That put me out of action for the next 3 months or so. Gradually the pain eased and I got back into it, however I haven't properly rectified the injury so I work around it. No bench press or overhead press anymore for me. I've increased my work on dips instead and also do a lot of back work.

I'm not a strength-oriented trainer, which is just as well because my lifts are pretty mediocre compared to you guys. There's a good quote I like to follow; "it's the quality of the movement, not the quantity of weight moved, that counts".

I've been on semi auto pilot for a while now in terms of nutrition, a sort of pseudo bulk mentality, but in reality I don't take enough care with what I eat, so time to get a bit more serious I think.

Will post photos shortly.

Last edited:
Goals:

To achieve a physique strikingly similar to Ken Doll.

Toy-Story-3_Ken-sunglasses-slip2.bmp1.jpg

Anyways...here we go.....anyone need a spare tire?

2012.01 - 01.jpg

2012.01 - 02.jpg

2012.01 - 03.jpg

2012.01 - 04.jpg

How can anyone possibly beat me in a transformation challenge when I'm wearing a Transformer's helmet, yeah baby!!

No Bonds....instant disqualification?

Thanks Deep, I checked out your facebook thingy the other day, you're going great guns, well done!

Faaaaaaaaaaark, my pics are so huge, there's so much of me on the screen!!! Aaaargh, i don't know whether to warn people to get a bucket ready, or to lie back with a box of tissues. :eek: Maybe the bucket eh? :D

lol almost all people who entered has been wearing bonds in their photos :D

hold up... if your a transformer... you have an unfair advantage.

and i see what u did there by wearing a "transformers" helmet :p

Pics look fine!! Its a brave task baring nearly all! Its a transformation, your first set of pics can't be perfect ;)

dkd you told me you were 100kg at 10% bodyfat, whats going on?

but srsly, good luck and lol at transformers helmet. i watched transformers 3 last night, and the robots have blood, yep blood. therefore i have come irgaigf ot thugfgi conclusion that transformers are gajfigaf actually people.

and will you wax for your after pics?

lol @ lmd wanting hairless pics for your after photos... i wonder why...

fuck-that-bitch-scared-yao.svg

there is girls doing the competition, much better to make good use of than dkd's pics.