• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Canned tuna's Transformation 2012

So you approve of the 2 cheeseburgers post workout? :D

I saw no blue text under it..:p

Skinny guy has license to eat.... LOL

Also 2 cheesburgers equals....

4 slices of white bread + 2 slices of cheese + 2 small beef patties + ketchup + gherkin... Not all that bad in my opinion except for the excess bread...

If it where me... I would go for one double quarter pounder.... 2 Slices of white bread + 3 slices of cheese + 2 large beef patties + ketchup + gherkin...

Equals more beef less bread!!!!

Also its the chips and coke that are the nasty side of burger takeaways...Thats just my opinion....

I often grab a triple fillet bondi burger from oporto with extra chilli post workout... (Note: Oporto is in the same complex as my gym)

Certainly inspires me while Im training in the knowledge that there is a juicy triple fillet burger outside with my name on it!!!!

Devoid of protein. The chicken is so thin, even 3 fillets would lucky to be 100gms.

Devoid of protein. The chicken is so thin, even 3 fillets would lucky to be 100gms.

Cheers mate...

Yeah your right there... Chicken is paper thin.... LOL...

But delivers insulin spike immediately after workout... And makes me feel really good...

Not that I condone this behaviour...

oooouuuuhhhhh.... Feel like some triple fillet chicken action right now!!!!!

gym training is all over the place right now as it's having to fit around dragonboat rowing training sessions (they f**k ya) HOWEVER I'm feeling improvements all round
Once the race is over I can go back to a structured routine
Been eating and eating and eating (and drinking) on approx 30/70 pc and have hit 74kg

Last edited:
Update 6 Feb

So it's a month or so into my bulking. I'm up to 75kg today and am pretty happy with my progress so far
My current training style is pretty much copying two mates and putting it together
I do 2 muscle groups a workout day, try to do 3 exercises per group. 3-5 days a week depending on recovery and life commitments.
I do a first set at about 80% weight.
Then 2 sets as heavy as I can while having controlled form... So 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Then after I've done each exercise I go back through and do a 50% weight superset of each until failure. Then I go and try another of each which is near impossible but I feel it makes even more of a difference getting those two or three struggling reps.
I am trying to be more disciplined and have cut some things out of my life which are getting in the way so hopefully improve even more.
I really need to get into squats and deads. It's approaching someone for help that's the problem for this arrogant chap... ha

Mon - Chest / Triceps

Flat Bench
Fly
Pec crunch

Unassisted dips
Rope pulldowns

Tue - Shoulders / Legs

Shoulder press
Reverse fly
Lat pulldown

Leg press
Extensions
Curls

Wed - Rest

Thu - Back / Biceps

Seated row
Lat pulldowns behind head
Upright barbell rows

Brocurls
Hammer curls
Chin ups

Friday- Chest / arms

Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Fly

Hammer curls
Dips
Rope extensions/pulldowns (? triceps)

Sat/Sun - Rest

Diet - Just eating alot and alot. Appetite is much bigger on workout days but I pretty much have a glass of milk with any meal or snack
Eating a lot of nuts (oi)..they're really convenient. Eating 2-6 cans of tuna a day as snacks also. Ham sandwiches, subways for lunch, whatever really. I'm not very disciplined in the fine details
I rarely have a supplement. I'm trying to get all of my required nutrients from diet. I wanna do that properly before I even think about altering my hormones and supplementing my diet

Last edited:
So it's a month or so into my bulking. I'm up to 75kg today and am pretty happy with my progress so far
My current training style is pretty much copying two mates and putting it together
I do 2 muscle groups a workout day, try to do 3 exercises per group. 3-5 days a week depending on recovery and life commitments.
I do a first set at about 80% weight.
Then 2 sets as heavy as I can while having controlled form... So 3 sets of 6-8 reps.
Then after I've done each exercise I go back through and do a 50% weight superset of each until failure. Then I go and try another of each which is near impossible but I feel it makes even more of a difference getting those two or three struggling reps.
I am trying to be more disciplined and have cut some things out of my life which are getting in the way so hopefully improve even more.
I really need to get into squats and deads. It's approaching someone for help that's the problem for this arrogant chap... ha

Mon - Chest / Triceps

Flat Bench
Fly
Pec crunch

Unassisted dips
Rope pulldowns

Tue - Shoulders / Legs

Shoulder press
Reverse fly
Lat pulldown

Leg press
Extensions
Curls

Wed - Rest

Thu - Back / Biceps

Seated row
Lat pulldowns behind head
Upright barbell rows

Brocurls
Hammer curls
Chin ups

Friday- Chest / arms

Flat Bench
Incline Bench
Fly

Hammer curls
Dips
Rope extensions/pulldowns (? triceps)

Sat/Sun - Rest

Diet - Just eating alot and alot. Appetite is much bigger on workout days but I pretty much have a glass of milk with any meal or snack
Eating a lot of nuts (oi)..they're really convenient. Eating 2-6 cans of tuna a day as snacks also. Ham sandwiches, subways for lunch, whatever really. I'm not very disciplined in the fine details
I rarely have a supplement. I'm trying to get all of my required nutrients from diet. I wanna do that properly before I even think about altering my hormones and supplementing my diet

Some pics too

flaring in the first, flexing in the others

dyVYd.jpg

PSLjgh.jpg

VhwCRh.jpg

Last edited:
Wowzuz, now that's some nice progress there mate!
And only a month or so in.......sheeeeeet :eek:

eeesh, gotta get my game on
Graeme

My best week yet

This has been a great week
Taken up deadlifts. Asked one of the big blokes to show me how and Im doing 80kg 5x3. Its a start
Leg press Im very happy about, jumped from doing 120kg 3x3 a couple weeks back to 160kg 3x3 last night. I tried 180 after but couldn't get it back past that right angle point.
Now doing dips with 15kg dumbells 3x6
And switched over from rope to tbar on tricep pushdowns - no more wrist letting me down and Its allowing me to do about 30% more weight
Still loving them drop/super sets
Next fortnight I want to be up to 100kg. Not sure about leg press though
Eating and eating and eating. Weight moving a tiny bit but Im feeling great and am lasting until my muscles are completely wiped

Had a three night bender and was feeling pretty down about a girl and lost about 3 kilos... a couple of days couldnt get more than 1 meal down total.. lol wtf
Diet back to normal now.. onwards and upwards

im sure youll get those 3kg back easy. I can see progression there in your recent pic so nice work

thx...
Back and Legs today... feeling too good right now
100kg deads 3x3
200kg LP 3x3
two bests... pretty gee'd to be getting to at least an average strength Lmao
Sitting on 73kg... still no idea of bf.. meh