• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sore legs

Beau

Hello,
I have been smashing myself with squats - front and back, also doing cardio (circuit)

Now after i am fine its when i am trying to get to sleep i cannot becuase my legs are a little sore but also feel really hot and I cant sleep. I have been eating like a horse and stretching - for the first time ever. Did a workout in skins (at home) and same thing.

Now here are my options

1. Pump up!
2. Cold/freezing baths after working out - havent tried lately
3. Pain killers and anit inflam - doesnt really work at normal dose
3. Sleeping tabs - tried works

I would rather the no sleep over not training. I am getting stronger and feeling good. It might seem a small thing but I am awake until 3am.

Any thoughts? Am i just old?

I would like to thank the persons who post and reply for the threads on this forum. It is great.

Hello,
I have been smashing myself with squats - front and back, also doing cardio (circuit)

Now after i am fine its when i am trying to get to sleep i cannot becuase my legs are a little sore but also feel really hot and I cant sleep. I have been eating like a horse and stretching - for the first time ever. Did a workout in skins (at home) and same thing.

Now here are my options

1. Pump up!
2. Cold/freezing baths after working out - havent tried lately
3. Pain killers and anit inflam - doesnt really work at normal dose
3. Sleeping tabs - tried works

I would rather the no sleep over not training. I am getting stronger and feeling good. It might seem a small thing but I am awake until 3am.

Any thoughts? Am i just old?

I would like to thank the persons who post and reply for the threads on this forum. It is great.
Thank me now.

543472.jpg

Nope, shrek got it right the first time....LOL

Seriously though, have you tried foam rolling your legs after you squat? I can't tell you if it actually works, but my mate does it. I get some weird aches and pains after a heavy session around my sides, like where the hams meet the quads. It's a basted when you try to sleep, but it goes away and has been less bad since the weather has warmed up. Make sure you fully warm up and warm down after the workout, don't just finish up and go relax, do some stretches straight after and try some foam roller work, it may help you.

good luck
Graeme

Thanks rambo i will try it.

Can anyone explain the heat?

Last time I hardened up i eneded up at the docs and found i had patella tendonitis. On the lounge for a week, no running for six and am not back to 100% yet.

Hmm, the heat is a weird one, I had a chat to my old man and reckons it may be nerves as he gets a similar discomfort in his feet. You may be a bit dehydrated maybe, not because you don't drink enough water, but because you don't retain enough salts in your system to help absorb the water. I got that one from my mother, she is a nurse and says try some hydration drinks from the chemist, or a cheep alternative is a rally strong Gatorade (bit sweet though) that you mix yourself.

Graeme

Rambo thanks that is actually making sense.

Its just turned hot up here and I have been drinking lots of water but nothing else. I will get a gatorade mix and try.

Thanks man.

I am Still happy shrek!