• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

candyflip

Fatty
I have every workout logged since May 2010 for myself, so I can tell you exactly how many workout I got in between the 15th December and the 15th January last year - ZERO! :D

My caveat was I took a trip to NZ for Xmas, but, I certainly had the opportunity to do something if I had wanted to. But I didn't.

How will you go this year between the xmas dinners, booze, pudding and sweets. Will you get your regular sessions in, every week?

I'll be getting my 4 sessions per week as per usual. Will just have to suss out the public holidays to make sure it all works, but seeing as I don't train on the weekends, this shouldn't be a problem.

I will be eating a bit of shit on christmas eve and christmas day, but not much. Not sure what is happening new years yet, but will probably involve a bit of shit there too. I might possibly have a few drinks new years eve, seeing as its a saturday and I'll have sunday to recover before hitting the gym on Monday. Probably not tho.

If I was at home I would be doing the usual 6 sessions per week but I am away on holiday for 10 days so I am not doing shit.

I am going to be enjoying the break eating food, drinking and relaxing on the beach. Basically enjoying life and calling it a deload from weights and a diet break and hit it hard when I get back.

It's funny though, a 10 day holiday will generally see me packing on 10kgs without really trying. It's mostly bloat and all gone a week after I get back.

I've got 7 sessions left. Plan on doing them all, not drinking on xmas day and i doubt i will new years either. Will see how it goes though.

I'll be working every day making sure the citizens of Brisbane are not going to get flooded without some warning. lol

Will still be doing a workout every 2-3 days

Nothing changes for me. It's actually better because of the public holidays allows for more flexibility in training. Kudos for home gyms.

I have 8 sessions left and will be walking/running every other day weather permitting. Not alot changing really.

Business as usual here, will be training no different, will be drinking and eating crap Xmas day and new years eve, but makes no difference to training.

Could not imagine new years eve without booze, looking forward to my Jim Bream slushies, and a few cold ales.

Will take my before photos on January 1 2012 to see what I will achieve in the next 12 months.

I'm looking forward to another NYE without booze, that will be 12 in a row.
I'm happy with that.. :)

I've got a question sort of related to topic.
Im going on holidays for a week so obviously can't use barbell. However where I'm staying I'll have access to "mainstream" gym i.e. fixed dumbbells, various machine etc.
Don't want to completely skip on training, so question is what exercises could I substitute squat, bench and deadlifts using this equipment?
Advice appreciated

Probably a little less, about 6 sessions. Not because i'm breaking, rather i'll be looking for a new gym to train at. Probably do some cardio at the 1000 steps which is a HIT workout. Melbournians will be familiar with this.

il go as much as possible, and if my gym is completely closed on any day this year il be pissed

Its my 27th bday today,on my second workout of the day and cardio tonight :)

the joy of having my own gym :)

im doing 2 sessions on xmas day and new years eve and new years day :)

nothing changes for me in the holidays

Im still going to squeeze mine in between work, uni and all the shit the missus wants me to do around here for xmas day. Eating a shit ton of seafood on Xmas day though, woo hoo!!!

I've got a question sort of related to topic.
Im going on holidays for a week so obviously can't use barbell. However where I'm staying I'll have access to "mainstream" gym i.e. fixed dumbbells, various machine etc.
Don't want to completely skip on training, so question is what exercises could I substitute squat, bench and deadlifts using this equipment?
Advice appreciated

I don't visit mainstream gyms too often (home gym), but surely they'd have a barbell for the broze to do bench press. If that's the case, then you can also do deads. If there is no power rack or safety set up for squats then try leg press for something different.