• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've got a question sort of related to topic.
Im going on holidays for a week so obviously can't use barbell. However where I'm staying I'll have access to "mainstream" gym i.e. fixed dumbbells, various machine etc.
Don't want to completely skip on training, so question is what exercises could I substitute squat, bench and deadlifts using this equipment?
Advice appreciated

Do whatever you want with available equipment, I am on holidays in Queensland at the moment, found a rusty barbell and some plates, and did a circuit of dead lifts, military press and barbell curls today, mostly high rep stuff as not that many plates and no other equipment what so ever. It worked, I can feel my muscles still pumped now.

Will do some HIIT sprints tomorrow, and might play some more with my rusty plates and barbell.

I will be hitting the gym 5 mornings a week. Hopefully hitting it hard & maximizing the pump! I think I'll be more relaxed as I have two weeks off work ;)

I'm looking forward to another NYE without booze, that will be 12 in a row.
I'm happy with that.. :)

Hmm...I think this could be a good idea. I'll be at Falls Festival in Tassie & I hear lots of piggies about the next day.

For me, business as usual until I leave for Tassy on the 28th. So I'll get in 3 more strength training workouts & I plan on doing one epic kettlebell killer circuit on xmas day prior to some mass feeding :)

I fly home today for Xmas, but I'm back up here for work on the 27th- 4th, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be at the gym for at least 6 of those days...nothing changes for me...got a body to transform!!!

from today. 2 sessions.
consisting of 6 sets for the squat, bench and deadlift. adding up to 36 reps for each. then assistance on top on that.

by planing, you are planning to succeed.

Used to train at 4AM so I could fit it in.

Generally go everyday for about 2 weeks then have a few days off. Never schedule breaks. Wait for life to force them.