• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein/Carb/Fat Ratio??

Aah ok. Don't really have a normal intake anymore but seems to be working for me anyway.

I quite often read about people who say they feel very tired/sluggish directly after a high carb meal. I would have thought in most cases it would be more to do with total volume of food intake ie. overeating at lunch = arvo snooze :p
Correct, for the most part cycling is an easy way to avoid it IMO.

Yeah the usual Xmas day lunch followed by a nap :)

That is why I tend to say it is more of a thing that you can gauge after a couple of days, not just a one off meal.

Decided to drop a few carbs and try to increase fat/protein....feel shocking after smashing the carbs

Max - what is it that causes us to feel like a nap after a big meal? Something about the liver being too busy and not supplying enough glucose to the brain? lol

Max - what is it that causes us to feel like a nap after a big meal? Something about the liver being too busy and not supplying enough glucose to the brain? lol
It's called Xmasdayitius.

It effects hormone levels and increases the sleep causing hormones that just fucking lazy and tired because we don't want to clean up. We purposely eat way to much and only realize that once it is too late. :D

It's called Xmasdayitius.

It effects hormone levels and increases the sleep causing hormones that just fucking lazy and tired because we don't want to clean up. We purposely eat way to much and only realize that once it is too late. :D

Was a serious question, I get this quite a bit even if meal isn't that large. Trying to work out if a particular macro/micro doesn't like me too much or if I'm allergic to something.

Was a serious question, I get this quite a bit even if meal isn't that large. Trying to work out if a particular macro/micro doesn't like me too much or if I'm allergic to something.
Cool, for the most part it will be a combination of Insulin and Leptin hormonal response that will cause that feeling.

Remedy, eat a smaller meal :)

I've been using this thread (in particular post #2 by Max B) for one of my uni assignments on nutrition.

Just wondering if there are any studies or journal articles that I could use to support these methods?

Hey Eman! Where have you been!! :)

Does this link help? Or have you seen it already?

http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/15230-calculating-calories-macronutrients-bmr.html

Busy really busy with uni assessments lately, but I'm still lurking the boards. :)

I've had a look at that thread and already used some information from it, although I'm just looking for 'scholarly' references as I don't think they'll accept me referencing Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - Powered by vBulletin or MaxBrenner as a valid reference :p

I'm mainly just looking for any references or guidelines to support the values they indicate for macronutrient needs in those posts e.g. something to support this:

Macronutrient NeedsOnce you work out calorie needs, you then work out how much of each macronutrient you should aim for. This is one of the areas that is MOST often confused but This should NOT be based on a RATIO of macro intakes. (eg: '30:40:30 or 40:40:20') Your body doesn't CARE what % intake you have. It works based on SUFFICIENT QUANTITY per MASS.
Found on BB.com

I've referenced a journal article I found on MaxB's blog about 2.3g of protein per/kg BW to maintain LBM, although if there was a study that included P/F/C's all in one it would be perfect. I have looked myself but come up with nothing so far.

Busy really busy with uni assessments lately, but I'm still lurking the boards. :)

I've had a look at that thread and already used some information from it, although I'm just looking for 'scholarly' references as I don't think they'll accept me referencing Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding - Powered by vBulletin or MaxBrenner as a valid reference :p

I'm mainly just looking for any references or guidelines to support the values they indicate for macronutrient needs in those posts e.g. something to support this:

Found on BB.com

I've referenced a journal article I found on MaxB's blog about 2.3g of protein per/kg BW to maintain LBM, although if there was a study that included P/F/C's all in one it would be perfect. I have looked myself but come up with nothing so far.

Aww well it's good to see you again young lad!

Yeah I was going to say, go directly to the source, Max Brenner himself will be able to link you to information sources for this stuff for your university assignment. Good luck and don't stay away so long next time! :)

Found on BB.com

Mate unfortunately there is not one :( Gotta joint the dots individually so to speak...but just tell them I said so and thats science bitches! :D