• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaining muscle while dropping fat.

Pay sweet fuck all mate, Dont see why your trying to have a dig though?

did i upset you?

'pay sweet fuck all' the fact you dont think you owe your parents shit and think its 'cool' is why rapey thinks you're a piece of shit and people like you are worse then cancer. I hope you do not reproduce as I dont want my tax going to your failed abortion.

'pay sweet fuck all' the fact you dont think you owe your parents shit and think its 'cool' is why rapey thinks you're a piece of shit and people like you are worse then cancer. I hope you do not reproduce as I dont want my tax going to your failed abortion.

wow! just answered your inital post in the other thread.

sorry if i came across like a low life, But mate you know sweet fuck all about me....So your judgment is worthless.

and if i was worse then cancer i wouldent of let my grandfather suffer in a bed for the last 6 months before he passed. YOU INCONCIDIRATE PRICK!

wow! just answered your inital post in the other thread.

sorry if i came across like a low life, But mate you know sweet fuck all about me....So your judgment is worthless.

and if i was worse then cancer i wouldent of let my grandfather suffer in a bed for the last 6 months before he passed. YOU INCONCIDIRATE PRICK!

Om nom nom

Can I just say that I think ALL people should keep carbohydrates AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE during a 'fat loss' period.....

Yeah the 70 is fine, but I'd compensate for exercise as well, so at least on training days it doesn't fall to far below that, as mentioned in the data...

What is the reasoning behind this? If anything, I can't lose weight at all if I have more then 60-80g of carbs a day, regardless how low my fats/proteins go.

What is the reasoning behind this? If anything, I can't lose weight at all if I have more then 60-80g of carbs a day, regardless how low my fats/proteins go.

More carbs spare muscle and fuel workouts. So it makes sense to keep them as high as you can during a cut.

Its the total calories that determine weight loss not the amount of carbs.

OK- Question for MaxBrenner Re carb intake and fat loss

So, lifting every second day- Full body compounds only

Muay thai every night

Also light jogging and walking during the week.

Cals are 2000, 225P 100C and 78 F

What would determine if my carbs are to low? can i base it on how i feel and overall energy levels?

By no mean am i affraid of carbs- i just find this to be a good ratios of macros for 2000 cals.

Also like to mention- Lifts are increaing weekly

If lifts are still increasing then that is definitely a good sign.

How long have you been on 2000 cals? That seems quite low for cutting from 90kg IMO with that activity level(estimated maintenance around 2800-3200 but could be higher with all that Muay Thai). How has fat loss progress been going?

IMO (I know I'm not Max :p) you can base carb intake on general feel. The only thing is that if cals are too low even with a good macro spread you'll still end up feeling like shit (well from my experience anyway).

I've recently started dropping fats a bit in favour of carbs and feel like I perform better that way. Fats are required for healthy hormones though so you don't want to drop them too low. I think you could probably drop the protein a bit if you wanted (unsure on BF% though?) and up the carbs a bit if you felt lethargic at all.

It's all a bit of trial and error and although we have these "guidelines" for fat loss and retaining LBM, it's still up to the individual to test it out and see what sort of macros work best for them.

Havent weighed or dexa scan in month to be honest, Will do tonight and update my log.

Was at 18% bf this time last year.

Been on the 2000 cals for the last month now. Avg would be a bit higher due to weekend feeds ect.

but during the week its 99% spot on

You don't need a dexa! I mean it would be nice but generally you should be able to tell if a diet is working or not in a month. Just from how you're clothes fit, mirror etc.

Also, I think these weekend refeeds are a good idea just don't go too nuts. Around maintenanceish if possible as you don't want to cancel out you're deficit from weekdays.