• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaining muscle while dropping fat.

JZ, yeah pretty much just the overall recovery time. Who is going to feel better each time they train, the person doing 2 hours a day or the person doing 1. Plus the repeated glycogen breakdown (even though weight training doesn't have that much of an effect. Only 5grms carbs for every 2 sets)

Boxing, there is a difference between being healthy/fit and body composition. Not discounting the benefits of cardio, but being healthy and achieving specific body composition results are not the same.

You also got to take into consideration what I mentioned to JZ in the first paragraph of this reply and what I previously mentioned to J3 :)

FYI resistance training has positive effects on cardiovascular function. Acute cardiovascular response ... [Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI Hemodynamic and vascular effects of resista... [Arq Bras Cardiol. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

People who have specific body composition goals and training for strength and hypertrophy, will not be training like a 12 year old girls :)

While it may not have the same dramatic effects, it is overall not a massive concern unless some is totally inactive, where then the addition of some form of cardiovascular exercise should be added.

Not having a crack Boxing :)

I'll admit I'm a cardio bunny. KB swings, hill sprints, tabatas, Muay Thai. Probably because I like to eat :p

No i definitely agree with you max. I understand that body composition and health are completely different. Alot of bodybuilders arent exactly healthy but have great body composition. And yea you do get most of those benefits from strength training aswell but just not on the same level as cardio training. Recovery is also a big thing somebody doing more cardio wont grow as much as somebody that isnt because you dont grow when your training you grow when your resting. like you said it really does depend on your goals.

I'll admit I'm a cardio bunny. KB swings, hill sprints, tabatas, Muay Thai. Probably because I like to eat :p
You can wear my wife's training singlet if you like (I made it especially for her cardio days :p )

Attachments

• Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 064.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 130
Can I please have a 'Swiss Ball Queen' and 'Cardio Bunny' for my gym days.

Thank you, cheque is in the mail.

I'd love a shirt with the insulin fairy actually :p I'd wear it proudly each night devouring my ice cream haha.

I'd love a shirt with the insulin fairy actually :p I'd wear it proudly each night devouring my ice cream haha.
I'm pretty sure Alan has one of them made. He has a whole heap of shirts with all that sort of thing on them. They are awesome. If I find the link I'll post it.

Going to post about carb cycling/carb loading. Will post it as a separate thread then get Shrek to combine it with this one ;)