• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Easy methods for counting calories

once you start to eat similar foods, you can just quick add, from day before ect ect

Its like breathing for me now, Bad habbit though i cant sit and eat my meal without logging it,

or i will log while food is cooking,

helps when you make somethign aswome and you can go back and look at how much of something you used. :)

agreed. Seeing as I how I eat a lot of similar stuff. Just add from recent with the multiadd & it's quick as. Plus I've got heaps of recipes all saved in there. They really need to be able to share recipes better though.

I weigh pretty much everything. Unless I am out then just estimate. If I eye ball stuff I always seem to way underestimate how much ice cream I have had and over estimate the amount of veggies.

I use calorie king.

I weigh every day food like oats for example in a cup, then i know how much is in a cup without measuring it everyday so i can just do it quickly.

I try to eyeball everything using comparative serving sizes (1 checkbook = 3oz serving of fish, etc) coz calorie counting got too intense for me.

Unless your preping for a bbing show etc theres no need to measure all your food I feel and go into so much details about grams, mls etc of what your eating/drinking...

Never been a believer really in counting/measuring anything....I think its worked ok for me :p

even if its counting everything for a couple weeks, Its good to get an idea of what your putting into your body.

For me conuting is more a motivation thing, Helps me keep on track and eat the right foods.

Also lets you squeeze in a little ice cream end of day and not feel quilty about it :)

If you can do it by eye and not count/weight food. then thats aswsome. But i can seriously put on 1 -2kg a week not whatching what i eat.

then in turn is about 2 months per kg get get it back down.

I just got a smart phone and got MFP, before I got this I had never counted a calorie in my life, now im punching in every time I eat, I love it, and it stops me from binge eating(which is something I do often) great program

Another MFP user too. It gets really easy once you have used it for awhile - all your favourites are entered and meals already created.