• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AusBB Strength & Power Comp *Launched*

Does the hand position matter for the pull ups? (Palms facing towards you or palms facing away).

Also Oni that would be an impressive effort 30+ pul ups, I've done about 34 before but they were close grip.

Does the hand position matter for the pull ups? (Palms facing towards you or palms facing away).

Also Oni that would be an impressive effort 30+ pul ups, I've done about 34 before but they were close grip.
i dont see how one could have your palms facing towards you with a grip outside of shoulder width... unless you have angled handles.

i dont see how one could have your palms facing towards you with a grip outside of shoulder width... unless you have angled handles.

Yeah I guess. There are angled handles at my gym. Think I will just stick to normal wide grip pull ups.

Normal wide grip chins guys :) Loving the interest and with just over a week to go looking for some big lifts, chins and jumps!!!!

3:45 my ugly 150kg bench.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Rxu1JYIt8]PTC BRISBANE - NYE PR SESSION 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

150kg @ 89.6 = 92.0025 on gloss

Looks like we've still got El Freako winning on the bench, Trentzor on the Box Jump (Sticky I know you can jump mate but can't see your vid), and where's the pullups???

Not long to go now....

BTW, Sticky love the NYE vid, what's the soundtrack?

Looks like we've still got El Freako winning on the bench, Trentzor on the Box Jump (Sticky I know you can jump mate but can't see your vid), and where's the pullups???

Not long to go now....

BTW, Sticky love the NYE vid, what's the soundtrack?

Just a couple of songs from 5 finger death punch. Ill do chins tonight as well as a box jump...

Okay I got my pull up attempt, will upload in a little but. Gym manager owned me when I was going to set up for my box jump - said it was too dangerous lol =l Oh well fair enough, probably a good thing.

Edit: I'm not sure that my pull up attempt will count actually, I forgot about the whole 'dead hang' and pumped my reps out without going full down lol. I'll put it up anyways but I''d understand if it isn't allowed. Camera quality on my phone was shit too..

By the way, nice work Sticky - awesome effort.

Last edited:
Here's my pull ups- 27 reps. As I said in post #54 not too sure about dead hang, some could be a bit sketchy too lol. And camera quality is shit, sorry ;p. Oh well it was all a bit of fun...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sQt5zrtxDI&context=C367e781ADOEgsToPDskJYnaZ8nV6hdQ9FsvXLQZeO"]Azz pull up challenge - YouTube[/ame]

I've got 33 close grip chins before, I'm not so good at wide grip.

here's my 19 pullups (@80kg BTW)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO6yQYqU_CY&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=1&feature=plcp]Pullups x 19 - YouTube[/ame]