• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

incline dungbell press vs reverse bench press!

kyronE

what's better for upper chest i've just been doing the basic incline chest press and flies but i'd thought i'd try out reverse bench press
-grabbing the bench press bar with your fist faceing down. holding it just under your chest then extending your arms-works the upper chest and tricep-

but to me it was a really awkward position but i've heard its equal or almost better for your upper chest then inclince ?

what do you think?

Last edited:
what's better for upper chest i've just been doing the basic incline chest press and flies but i'd thought i'd try out reverse bench press
-grabbing the bench press bar with your fist faceing down. holding it just under your chest then extending your arms-works the upper chest and tricep-

but to me it was a really awkward position but i've heard its equal or almost better for your upper chest then inclince ?

what do you think?

I think that you think too much about what we think.

Why not test it yourself and decide from there?

or

Just do both?

Your upper head of the pecs is very hard to hit with bench pressing etc over your lower head due to similar actions and its much smaller size and therefore lower contribution to the movement. It is used a bit in abduction above 110 degrees and therefore can.be isolated from the lower head. The actual benefit from this though will be fuck all compared to you actually just getting bigger.

I once had a guy who weighed probably 70kg max once come up and ask how to bring up his upper chest. He had no pec size to begin with so I told him you can't. If you don't have huge pecs.already then stop thinking on what will hit you upper chest and just focus on basic chest development.

thanks dave but i have natural chest size im just trying to get rid of the man boob look and give it some shape

after doing both inclince you can feel it in your upper chest a lot more
the reverse bench press is more of a tricep workout ' whitch iso kay cause i workout chest and tricep together.