• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new diet idea's suggestions?

kyronE

i've cut down from 140kg' to 98 from just basic makeing heathier choices and cutting soda's fast food and saturated fat out of my diet and working out 6 days a week- 3 days a week of gym muscle building and 3 days of cardio- but i find now to lose weight its a lot harder so im looking for a diet plan thats for cutting and building a bit of muscle swell.

any suggestions on diet plans exercise rountines or anything that can help ?

Stop dieting for a couple of weeks.
Work out your maintenance calorie and reduce by 10%.

at the moment i'm not really dieting just makeing the healither options whitch leads to about 1500 to 1700 calories a day at first i was loseing weight from it. But now i just seem to be maintaining or i'll lose a kg

1500 cals is far too low for your size and the reason why the weight / fat loss has stopped. You really need a break from being in such a low calorie deficit. Eat double that for a couple of weeks.

I'm 98kg and eat 2700 at around 10% deficit.

i'll give that a go but i'm also 16 not sure if it makes any diffrence
98kg around 5ft10 but i've also gained muscle from the last few months of weight training. have you got any tips of foods to eat and foods to avoid.

i'll give that a go but i'm also 16 not sure if it makes any diffrence
98kg around 5ft10 but i've also gained muscle from the last few months of weight training. have you got any tips of foods to eat and foods to avoid.

If you have dropped 42kg and still dont know what foods you can and cannot eat there is something wrong.

If grows in the ground or is any type of animal eat it.

If its processed then dont.

Its that simple really.

Good job on dropping 42kg btw.

The weight loss stopped because your body went into survival mode because it thinks its in a famine. Eat more good foods and you'll lose more weight.

I've yet to meet a teenager with maintenance under 3k.

If you have dropped 42kg and still dont know what foods you can and cannot eat there is something wrong.

If grows in the ground or is any type of animal eat it.

If its processed then dont.

Its that simple really.

Good job on dropping 42kg btw.

bit of a blanket statement. You can still put on weight eating unprocessed "clean" foods just like you can still lose weight while eating "dirty" processed foods. I agree that a healthy diet should rely primarily on whole unprocessed foods though.

I agree with Shrek. Up the cals for a few weeks.

Before anything else, consume SATURATED FATS please. They are not bad :)

You have a fantastic job on losing that weight. Have fun, lift weights, chase chicks, and avoid food avoidance. Use moderation, common sense and be consistent.

If you know what your calorie intake needs/should be well, simple consume it with the above principals in mind. Long term calorie deficit is not recommended and eating at maintenance 1-2 days a week will be allow for maintaining somewhat normal hormonal balance and training performance etc.

Right now, you should have a full diet break for 1-2 weeks.

My suggestion to you would be to sign up with Max or find yourself a good PT/coach and spend some time learning the basics. You seem to have been fed the bullshit mass media stuff and a good coach can help you out there. Max is actually good and could really educate you, plus he does it by email. If you are in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane any of the PTCs could help you. Catastrophic on here has a gym in Adelaide and Gold Coast Barbell is obviously on the Gold Coast. Other gyms around can be suggested by others but I think you could really use a helping hand to start you on the right track since you have lost so much weight already and are in a prime position to get it right from the start now.

Good luck.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words Dave :) (was surprised there was no trolling in that post :p )

With that OP, if you are in Melbourne look up young Dave as he will like myself, not beat around the bush and actually educate you the right way :)

Wow! great effort on the weight loss mate, that's fantastic.

OK, now I want you to re-evaluate your thinking about weight loss and consider this: Is it weight loss you want? OR, Is it fat loss you want?

I'm guessing its fat loss yes?, than consuming such low amounts of food will do nothing. As has already been said, you will be in a kind of starvation mode and your body will actually hold onto fat stores. So as others have said, increase your total calories to a maintenance level (this is different for everyone) and focus your training on strength and muscle growth. You could also do some decent steady state or HIIT or both kinds of training to help tap the fat again. After a weight loss of such an amount, you may have to get a little tricky with your body and try carb up days, eating more cals on lifting days etc. There are many ways to trick your self up a bit, and I find that eating more on training days than non training days has worked wonders for me so far.
As for foods, I agree with keeping away from the processed foods, at least that is what is working for me. I feel more satisfied eating whole foods as opposed to the processed stuff. You don't have to go all paleo diet on your self LOL, but clean food is recommended. I call it eating like an adult, you know what is healthy and what isn't, its basic common sense when you been at it for a while. Remember variety is the key to prolonging your ability to eat whole foods, eg; You can eat steak, veg and potato or you can throw those same ingreadiants into a slow cooker and have a stew, be creative.

Good luck with your continued journey, keep us updated.

Wow! great effort on the weight loss mate, that's fantastic.

OK, now I want you to re-evaluate your thinking about weight loss and consider this: Is it weight loss you want? OR, Is it fat loss you want?

I'm guessing its fat loss yes?, than consuming such low amounts of food will do nothing. As has already been said, you will be in a kind of starvation mode and your body will actually hold onto fat stores. So as others have said, increase your total calories to a maintenance level (this is different for everyone) and focus your training on strength and muscle growth. You could also do some decent steady state or HIIT or both kinds of training to help tap the fat again. After a weight loss of such an amount, you may have to get a little tricky with your body and try carb up days, eating more cals on lifting days etc. There are many ways to trick your self up a bit, and I find that eating more on training days than non training days has worked wonders for me so far.
As for foods, I agree with keeping away from the processed foods, at least that is what is working for me. I feel more satisfied eating whole foods as opposed to the processed stuff. You don't have to go all paleo diet on your self LOL, but clean food is recommended. I call it eating like an adult, you know what is healthy and what isn't, its basic common sense when you been at it for a while. Remember variety is the key to prolonging your ability to eat whole foods, eg; You can eat steak, veg and potato or you can throw those same ingreadiants into a slow cooker and have a stew, be creative.

Good luck with your continued journey, keep us updated.

wow thanks for the info but yer i cut take away and unhealthy things out of my diet and started eatting healthier options witch left me feeling fuller and better with myself.so i should increase the amount i eat a day ? at the moment im gonna buy a whey protein low in fats to take on work out days. but i've been trying to mix it up but i try not to eat after dinner and then i find myself hungry and ah
if you have any routines or just of what you eat in one day that would be very helpful

My suggestion to you would be to sign up with Max or find yourself a good PT/coach and spend some time learning the basics. You seem to have been fed the bullshit mass media stuff and a good coach can help you out there. Max is actually good and could really educate you, plus he does it by email. If you are in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane any of the PTCs could help you. Catastrophic on here has a gym in Adelaide and Gold Coast Barbell is obviously on the Gold Coast. Other gyms around can be suggested by others but I think you could really use a helping hand to start you on the right track since you have lost so much weight already and are in a prime position to get it right from the start now.

Good luck.

thanks man and i think thats what i need im already member of fitness first in west sydney region but i think for the next part of my weight lose i need a personal trainer or someone with the right information to help out.

Educate yourself. Your new to nutrition but everything will seem more clear when you start to warm up to the forum. Other websites all over the net also have lots to offer when it comes to information. Already i've learnt heaps just from this forum alone as well as searching through different nutrition and bodybuilding websites. Wait until you've tried everything out for yourself before spending more money on information that you could be getting from others. Make sure its reliable though. Most information here is reliable

Oh and make sure you join fit n fast. Heard that gym is skux ;)

Last edited:
Educate yourself. Your new to nutrition but everything will seem more clear when you start to warm up to the forum. Other websites all over the net also have lots to offer when it comes to information. Already i've learnt heaps just from this forum alone as well as searching through different nutrition and bodybuilding websites. Wait until you've tried everything out for yourself before spending more money on information that you could be getting from others. Make sure its reliable though. Most information here is reliable

Oh and make sure you join fit n fast. Heard that gym is skux ;)

fitness first is where its at ;)