• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SWH

I just came home from the gym and decided to take a video today of my deadlifting form since I haven't really had any proper advice on how to do them.
Would really appreciate if anybody would have the time to click on this youtube link and tell me if i'm deadlifting correctly?

Thanks, Sam

(P.S Sorry about the shitty quality, didn't want to bring a camera to school so I used my phone)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaolwkOrwRA&feature=youtube]Deadlift Form Check - YouTube[/ame]

Looks good to me, however it's not really a "dead lift", more like a Romanian deadlift.

If your aiming for the conventional deadlift it needs to start from the ground and must return to the ground on each rep hence the term "dead" lift.

Also looks like you could handle alot more weight if you lift from the floor because really, walking with a deadlift weight in your hands is hard/impossible.

Everything else looks really good.

If your aiming for the conventional deadlift it needs to start from the ground and must return to the ground on each rep hence the term "dead" lift.

Also looks like you could handle alot more weight if you lift from the floor because really, walking with a deadlift weight in your hands is hard/impossible.

Everything else looks really good.

Yeah I usually do start from the ground but I started from standing position today because I was using really little weight. I might upload another one soon of my maximum.

Yeah I usually do at least 70. But I got some lower back strain from SLDL's on wednesday so I thought i'd better put the weight down and make sure my forms up to scratch.

I'll start going heavier next week. Not sure about the SLDL's though i'll have to get a video of those just to make sure i'm lifting correctly.

Mate, you want to be keeping the bar so close to your shins/knees/thighs its taking skin off when you get heavy.

Mate, you want to be keeping the bar so close to your shins/knees/thighs its taking skin off when you get heavy.

Yeah man I think I have my form sorted now. I did romanians today and I did light weight to practise form again. slow good form @ 50kg. bar close to shins, hips and ass pushed out, back kept straight and chest pushed out. I might upload a new video soon. Thanks for feedback