• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

single best (accessory) exercise for forearm mass?

power cleans...

explosive from the ground and pulling the bar up, = forarms
doing the first and second high pull = traps
at full extension you should be on your tows =calves

i always get sore forarms, and traps after a big clean session.

I have considered these in the past. Would you have to take a step back when you start using them though? Or can you keep using the weights you are currently using? I imagine I'd have to drop my deadlift down a bit etc to be able to hold it.

Thoughts?

If not, I'm keen as to get a set.

I wouldn't call it a step backwards, because you're putting more focus on the smaller muscles. You won't be able to lift as much though, because you won't have the grip strength to do it. When I was playing around with them I went from 35/37.5kg single arm rows (sets of 8-10) to struggling with a set of 8 at 25... It wasn't that I couldn't lift the weight, I just couldn't hold it. Not a bad option though just to do one day a week, or throw in with a couple of exercises during your workout. Whatever floats your boat, but I was definitely feeling my forearms the next day.

I wouldn't call it a step backwards, because you're putting more focus on the smaller muscles. You won't be able to lift as much though, because you won't have the grip strength to do it. When I was playing around with them I went from 35/37.5kg single arm rows (sets of 8-10) to struggling with a set of 8 at 25... It wasn't that I couldn't lift the weight, I just couldn't hold it. Not a bad option though just to do one day a week, or throw in with a couple of exercises during your workout. Whatever floats your boat, but I was definitely feeling my forearms the next day.

Did your forearms grow?

Did your forearms grow?

I haven't really been committed with it, my mate owns them, not me. I think there has been improvement in general, but I've been finding motivation and time really lacking lately.
I would say they are definitely going to help though, in the new year I plan on getting back into training hard and will probably get myself a set. I'd be happy to tell you how I get on after a month of using it, but for the price I'd say just grab a set and start using them, you don't really have anything to lose.