• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Official 2012 Body Transformation Contest - Rule and information

pistachio

The 2012 Body Transformation Contest will be kicking off very soon, I encourage as many people as possible to get on board and join in - This will give you just one more reason to train hard next year and be accountable at the end of the year for your results.

This thread is purely for any discussion relating to the rules and info which will be outlined below. All entries into the contest will be the subject of another thread.

RULES:

- Entry date - No later than 1 January 2012. You can enter earlier if you wish, this just gives you more time to make your transformation
- End date - No later than 25 December 2012. Again, you can end your transformation earlier, this just gives you LESS time.
- Required photos - Good size and good lighting. No angle shots. At least one back and one front photo and one legs. Can be flexed / unflexed, no need to be particular poses, but both sets of photos (before and afters) MUST BE IDENTICAL POSES TAKEN IN IDENTICAL CONDITIONS.
- Required stats - Key stats which should be documented before and after; Weight, BF% (if known), relevant measurements (I think waist would be a good measurement for everyone to include), and key lifts (squat, deadlift, bench)

There is not really much more to it then that. Now the questions I put to you, the potential entrants:

- Optional or forced updates - Do we want to enforce say 3 monthly updates, or do we want to leave it at the discretion of the entrants? ie You can update if you wish to do so, but don't have to, or do we want everyone to update every 3 months? My personal view, 3 monthly updates will likely lead to better results for everyone, by forcing you to be accountable all year long. However, I don't mind either way.

- Prizes? This question is to the sponsors. Any chance of having some form of sponsored prizes for this competition? I'm hoping for a bit more involvement in the competition this year.

- Natural / juiced. This was mentioned briefly last year. It is my preference that this is a natural comp for obvious reasons. If there is strong opposition to this, then I think it is only fair that if someone is going to be using anything to enhance their performance, that they are upfront about their usage.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Also mods, please move this somewhere more appropriate if need be. Also, I suggest that this thread is made a sticky so people don't forget about it like they did last year!

Ill be in on this, and Im sure a site sponsor would love to get on board.
I think 3 month updates would be good.
I think you have no chance of enhanced comp or not, or even people who are using to disclose. Its a public forum.

Anyway, is this the thread we put pics in?

Just wondering whether it might help if people can be outside. Because lighting can pretty much determine how good/bad you look.

I think 3 month updates would be good.
I think you have no chance of enhanced comp or not, or even people who are using to disclose. Its a public forum.

Anyway, is this the thread we put pics in?

Yeah I know, and that was the consensus last time. I still think it's bullshit tho. I don't care if you want to use, just be upfront about it. Or don't enter if you don't have the balls to admit it.

Nah, pics will be in another thread. I'll open that up when the nitty gritty is sorted out here. Feel free to take your starting pics as soon as you like, but we won't post them up for a few weeks or so.

Just wondering whether it might help if people can be outside. Because lighting can pretty much determine how good/bad you look.

I don't think it matters. The key point is CONSISTENCY. If you take both sets of photos in good lighting, you'll look better in both. We are only looking for the transformation here, not 'who has the best body' contest.

In.

I think some allowance should be made for late entries.
Perhaps new members to the forum who see this thread will want to take part to boost their motivation, especially early in the new year.

How about letting brand new members in within the first couple months of the year.

The more entries the better.

Just to confirm, is this for the best "improvement" in body shape and condition, or, most gains made?
May just have to confirm this.

www.gymdirect.com.au will offer some prizes in the form of equipment vouchers (not including delivery fees).
$300 for 1st
$200 for 2nd
$100 for 3rd

Good luck to all.

Yeah I know, and that was the consensus last time. I still think it's bullshit tho. I don't care if you want to use, just be upfront about it. Or don't enter if you don't have the balls to admit it.

Nah, pics will be in another thread. I'll open that up when the nitty gritty is sorted out here. Feel free to take your starting pics as soon as you like, but we won't post them up for a few weeks or so.

I dont think the issue is being upfront, its illegal lol. I could see why people would not want to disclose that on a public forum.

And what if you entered, then decided to use mid year?

IMO, you cant police it, so leave it an open playing field.
This is BB remember lol

^ thats awesome hulk! great generosity there.

Aswell, Maybe shrek or admin could talk to bulknutrients/bioflex about some form of prize in supplements?

Im actually quite motivated now! My social life might suffer a bit though.. haha.

i vote keep it natty, its a bit unfair otherwise.

Thanks for doing this pistachio, good job

I dont think the issue is being upfront, its illegal lol. I could see why people would not want to disclose that on a public forum.

And what if you entered, then decided to use mid year?

IMO, you cant police it, so leave it an open playing field.
This is BB remember lol

Lol what sticky said. You can't have a juiced section and you can't police it anyway.

I might even jump on board on this one. I know you're all dying to see some 40 year old bloke's progress... ;)

But it will keep me committed and on the journey.

I say allow beginning pics any time up until mid-year. It just leaves them less time to improve from that base. But obviously final pics need to be in by 30/12/12.

Cheers,
Mike

just took pics then, i think if you want to show the best transformation, get a variety of relaxed and tensed pics. One decently far away (so you can see feet to head) shot front relaxed will be very important i reckon.

I agree, keep it all natural.

Last edited:
It's a pleasure, just giving some back...
If, we can get 20 entrants, www.gymdirect.com.au will boost the prizes to:

$500 for 1st
$300 for 2nd
$200 for 3rd

Prizes in the form of equipment vouchers (not including delivery fees).

im in.. shit just got REAL..

bulking to 85kg then shredding after nationals again.. i need some new equipment for the gym anwyayz :D

Inners. Will possibly get my mates to join in too. I'm training a 15 and 16 year old who are hitting puberty fast :)

Last edited: