• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Diet Help Needed, Not losing much Fat

Sav

Hey Guys, i have been on a Keto diet (Ultralite Diet) since March, and have just completed keto Maintenance, I weighed in at 119.1kg at the start and now i weigh 74kg as i type this, im 168cm, and my bodyfat according to a Body Composition Scan is around 18%-19%, and the last couple of weigh in's ive hardly loss any fat and lost some muscle, and my water intake is down according to the scan, im just need some advice on what to change etc, as i wanna get rid of this fat i have.

I train 3-4 days a week, 1 session of personal training a week, and 1 x 45min Bike Class a week;
This is what i ate Today;

Meal 1: Protein WPC Shake, 60g Oats, 2 Boiled Eggs
Meal 2: 30g Almonds, 1 Banana
Meal 3: 100g Brown Rice, 95g Tin of Tuna in Springwater
Meal 4: Protein WPC Shake, 1 Apple
Meal 5: 150g Chicken, 100g Broccoli, 100g Peas
Meal 6: Protein WPC Shake After (WORKOUT)

I have a Multivitamin each day, 3 Flaxseed Oil Capsules with Meal 1,3,5 and i have 2 Serving's of GNC Carnithin (1 at Meal 1, 1 before Training)

Thanks if anyone has any advice

I think you need to stop over complicating things and wasting your money on things like carnithin. Weight loss and weight gain in that fact are simple its just a matter of energy in vs energy out. work out how much energy (calories) are going in and work out how many calories you burn through each day (BMR + Exercise and activity levels) keeping in mind everybody will be different though. Then just adjust your energy in so it is slightly less then your energy out. simple really

I think you need to stop over complicating things and wasting your money on things like carnithin. Weight loss and weight gain in that fact are simple its just a matter of energy in vs energy out. work out how much energy (calories) are going in and work out how many calories you burn through each day (BMR + Exercise and activity levels) keeping in mind everybody will be different though. Then just adjust your energy in so it is slightly less then your energy out. simple really

Not exactly that simple if you want the best body composition results but close enough as a general answer.

very true dave but thats when it does get a bit more complicated but for general fat loss its easiest to stick to the basic foundation principles.

You've lost almost 50kg in 8 months !!!
Well done.
Your fat loss has to slow down at some stage.

I'm curious as to what your workouts look like.
Have you added up the calories you are eating?
If your workouts and diet are quite strict, try losing that meal #6 for a week and see how you go.

As previously mentioned, it is as simple as calories in vs. calories out but it can be as complicated as algebra!

If you have been consuming the same caloric intake for X amount of weeks, adjustments need to be made to that calorie intake (lower intake). With that said, hormonal downgrade is also a side effect and that may need to be looked at with the calorie intake (higher intake).

If you are losing muscle, you are either too low in your calorie intake or in too large of a deficit, your protein intake is deficient and you are not training correctly.

The longer you have been in a calorie deficit, the harder it is to maintain full hormonal balance, training intensity, maintain muscle continue with fat loss. The amount you have lost is nothing short of amazing and that is a great result. The more weight you lose the harder it is to keep it going.

You most likely need a full diet break (2 weeks worth) and then start dieting again at a small deficit (10%).

Above the surface it is simple but below the surface it is complicated :)

Great work on the weight loss! You must feel a whole lot better!

As well as that, it may be time to stop focussing on scale numbers & more on body composition.

As TLS said, what workouts do you do?

Oh & I wouldn't personally eat the same thing EVERY day. Mix up your meat/veggies/fruit as they all provide different nutrients.

Great results so far!!

What training do you do??

After all the weight loss you have had, going on maintenance calorie diet for a few weeks would not be a bad idea.

What goals to you have?? Do you want to be skinny scrawny, or do you want a lean muscular body???

If the later is your aim, I would go on maintenance diet and add the beginners weight routine as your three main workouts, then you can still do your cycle class and other cardio type exercises on the off days.

Add HIIT, check threads on this forum, or do 100 Burpees every morning and every night for the next month, weight will fall off you guaranteed.

Personally I have had great success with the beginners program and 100 Burpees, or HITT sprints ie 10 x 10 second sprints with 50 seconds rest on off days and one long 1-1 1/2 hr brisk walk once a week lets say a Sunday morning.

Thanks Everyone, i added up my calories for today and i ate around 1700 calories..
I still got a bit belly fat i wanna get rid of but its taking time, also i have a cheat day on sundays but sometimes i bringe and i then get weighed the next day which prolly stuffs up my weigh in?

I wanna achieve a Lean body with muscle, i look hundred times better than i used to, going from around a 6XL shirt to Medium, some Small.

How important is post workout meals and also is Whey Protein Concentrate ok to use or should i be using Isolate Protein?

Thanks

Post workout meal not important at all, it's overall nutrient intake that matters, WPC is fine to use most here seem to use it.