• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cardio routine?

im gonna be a star soon!

oh and max i gotta confess something... i never eat salad/veggies except for sometimes at dinner. Am i actually missing out not eating much?

veggies are for girls and so are calorie deficits. Maccas or Hungry Jacks all the way baby!

im gonna be a star soon!

oh and max i gotta confess something... i never eat salad/veggies except for sometimes at dinner. Am i actually missing out not eating much?

Here's something to think about. If you already take a multi vitamin that covers all of your micro and mineral nutrients, do you still need to eat vege? Of course vege is good for these but also fibre. Being that fibre is non essential, I to try eat vege where I can but does not phase me if I don't eat any cause I know all is covered by the multi vit

May be mistaken but I seem to recall studies showing that the micronutrients from whole food sources were used better in the body compared to a multi. Max?

I try to mix up my fruit/veggies but I do have my staples & also take a multi just in case.

May be mistaken but I seem to recall studies showing that the micronutrients from whole food sources were used better in the body compared to a multi. Max?

I try to mix up my fruit/veggies but I do have my staples & also take a multi just in case.

Your probabley right and I do the same with the vege I eat. The point I was making was to not get too hung up on eating all your serves of fruit & vege everyday if its also going to be supplemented with a multivitamin as well as eating fruit/vege.

Interestingly there is a recent observational study on something like 40000 women over 10+ years and those that took multivitamins had very slightly higher death rates than those that didn't.

Now this does not mean vitamins increase chances of dying but it is interesting though.

Micros from whole food>Micro's from supplementation.

Yeah for the most part there are CERTAIN vitamins and minerals (Iron and Magenesium come to mind due to the fact 99% of multi's on the market use poor forms of the nutrient) that in tablet form are basically useless and not absorbed.

With that said, it does take a long time to become micronutrient deficient IF you have had a solid dietary intake. For the most part, the general population doesn't have a solid dietary intake and that should be addressed and should be kept on top of by healthy populations as well IMO.

Hoping your multi-vitamin is covering and giving you your minimum micros is doing it wrong IMO. Use it as a safe guard but not as a primary source.

As Gunner mention, veggies are the best form for fibre which yes are not essential for life but not meaning that it is not beneficial in a number of different areas.

If & when I do cardio I alternate between either

6.5 incline on 6.5 speed for 20min or 3 min at speed 6, 7 min at speed 10, 2 min at speed 12, 2 min at speed 14, 2 min at speed 15 & then cool down at slow speed.

There is no fat burning zone. It doesn't matter what your heart rate is, for cardio it's total calories burnt that matter.

As per my understanding this is wrong. Here is my explanation why (feel free to correct/discuss)

By capturing the volume of air you expire and analysing it to find the volume of oxygen and volume of carbon dioxide you can get a respiratory exchange ration (volume CO2 expired/Volume O2 expired).

.7 = almost completely fat
.85 = mix of carbs + fat
1 = almost completely carbs
standard = ~.8

There for with the right exercise you can get into a "zone" were you are burning mostly fat.

correct me if i'm wrong though..

zan

EDIT: Before i get burned i'l try correct myself with what i've learnt whilst reading some more. whilst it is all good burning more fat then carbs when exercising to do this you must work at a lower intensity. When working at a higher intensity you VO2 will be higher, hence burning more total kilajolues even if it is a higher ratio of carbs (more beneficial). So whilst technically a "fat burning zone" does exist it is not the most effective weight loss method.

Last edited: