• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cardio routine?

What to do.....

High reps with lighter weight are for fat burning. Make sure you do them at a fast pace.

Less rest between sets increases metabolism.

Do cardio on an empty stomach cause all you use is fat at 60% max HR (cause that is the fat burning zone).

Make sure you eat 6-8 times a day, it will keep your metabolism going.

Take Hydroxycut, L-carnitine and CLA. See above.

Don't have carbs after lunch time. You won't use any fat for energy if you have carbs after lunch. God help you if you have them at dinner, you will get fat!

Keep your fat intake low. Duh fat = fat.

Have casein before bed, you don't want your muscles breaking down while you sleep. Plus it will keep your metabolism going.

Train 2 times a day and eat protein and salad. That is how you get shredded!

Wait, what did I just say....

Thanks max, your a life saver!

but srsly.. lol

What to do.....

High reps with lighter weight are for fat burning. Make sure you do them at a fast pace.

Less rest between sets increases metabolism.

Do cardio on an empty stomach cause all you use is fat at 60% max HR (cause that is the fat burning zone).

Make sure you eat 6-8 times a day, it will keep your metabolism going.

Take Hydroxycut, L-carnitine and CLA. See above.

Don't have carbs after lunch time. You won't use any fat for energy if you have carbs after lunch. God help you if you have them at dinner, you will get fat!

Keep your fat intake low. Duh fat = fat.

Have casein before bed, you don't want your muscles breaking down while you sleep. Plus it will keep your metabolism going.

Train 2 times a day and eat protein and salad. That is how you get shredded!

Wait, what did I just say....

so if i do all this i'll actually get fat? (i sense your sarcasm)

so if i do all this i'll actually get fat? (i sense your sarcasm)
No it won't make you fat :)

It is just all the typically bullshit promoted for fat loss that ends up being a lot of micromanagement for no better results can doing the opposite to what I said :)

On the 28th November i was 80.1 (lost a bit over 1kg due to being on holiday so not much food the week before).

weighed in this morning at 82.4 or close if i remember.

2.3kg gain in 10 days? And im on low calories? wtf?

Breakfast - 500ml full cream milk with 30g service of BN wpc
1 bread with nutella... use to be 2 but few days ago i dropped it to 1

Lunch - Pasta tuna bake - approx - 550 calories
250ml full cream milk or whatever else that is same calories

Lunch 2 - Same as lunch 1, sometimes might make a shake with same amount of calories

Dinner - hard to write as its different every time, but usually 150-200g meat with 150-200g carbs (potato, rice) with some sort of salad and veggies.

Just a quick look at that seems like its low on protein.

the pasta tuna bake has 40g protein, and with the milk added its 48g protein together.

Breakfast is 40g protein not including bread and nutella

So thats 140g protein.

Last meal, with 200g meat will be 40-50g protein. So im estimated around 170-190g protein.

Have a proper breakfast. Have the shake as a snack between meals.

Last edited:
Breakfast - 500ml full cream milk with 30g service of BN wpc
1 bread with nutella... use to be 2 but few days ago i dropped it to 1

Lunch - Pasta tuna bake - approx - 550 calories
250ml full cream milk or whatever else that is same calories

Lunch 2 - Same as lunch 1, sometimes might make a shake with same amount of calories

Dinner - hard to write as its different every time, but usually 150-200g meat with 150-200g carbs (potato, rice) with some sort of salad and veggies.
Liam, going on that really you only actually know your calorie intake for some of your food intake, not all. That could be effecting your results simple due to you actually consuming more calories than what you estimate :)

You might need to set out a more structured intake so you can keep on top of the calories for long periods of time and IIFYM that way and not a wing it IIFYM style.

Last edited:
Liam, going on that really you only actually know your calorie intake for some of your food intake, not all. That could be effecting your results simple due to you actually consuming more calories than what you estimate :)

You might need to set out a more structured intake so you can keep on top of the calories for long periods of time.

I'm all for IIFYM, but if you can't calculate your caloric intake maybe some old school 'dieting' might be in order just to get on top of things.

thanks max, yeah i do need to get in order, im just having a difficult time actually organising the right eating. Ive changed it to -

BF: 500ml milk with 45g wpc with 1 bread with nutella

L1: Tuna pasta bake and 250ml milk

L2: Tuna pasta bake

D: this is the hard part, changes every night, e.g. tonight its casserolle with steak, last night it was chicken with rice.

Roughly 2400 calories.

How does that look now MaxB?

I guess the biggest thing with that Tuna bake, do you know exactly what goes into it and amounts so you can accurately calculate the calories?

Then the fluctuation in dinner, well the calorie intake of that meal could vary by a few hundred calories easy depending on the dish.

See how it can be hard to accurately know what you are consuming apart from the milk, bread, wpc and the weight of the nutella.

I guess the biggest thing with that Tuna bake, do you know exactly what goes into it and amounts so you can accurately calculate the calories?

Then the fluctuation in dinner, well the calorie intake of that meal could vary by a few hundred calories easy depending on the dish.

See how it can be hard to accurately know what you are consuming apart from the milk, bread, wpc and the weight of the nutella.

for the tuna pasta bake i have 1 serving (1/4 of total bake), i got it off here, comes with nutrional info - Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe - Taste.com.au

yea i see how each dinner is different, but its usually 150-200g meat with 150g-200g carbs and veggies + Salad. My mum usually cooks good meals.

Nutella is just a tablespoon (that stuff is good).

for the tuna pasta bake i have 1 serving (1/4 of total bake), i got it off here, comes with nutrional info - Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe - Taste.com.au

yea i see how each dinner is different, but its usually 150-200g meat with 150g-200g carbs and veggies + Salad. My mum usually cooks good meals.

Nutella is just a tablespoon (that stuff is good).
Nice recipe bro. Must try myself!

Yeah I guess it just comes back to tracking what your dinner is each time and if it causes you to go over your daily intake requirements, just compensate for it the next day.

Micro's could be below par, so try to acquire veggies and maybe a little variety with food types every day if possible. I.E eggs or chicken with some nuts and avocado and veg for breakfast :)

Nice recipe bro. Must try myself!

Yeah I guess it just comes back to tracking what your dinner is each time and if it causes you to go over your daily intake requirements, just compensate for it the next day.

Micro's could be below par, so try to acquire veggies and maybe a little variety with food types every day if possible. I.E eggs or chicken with some nuts and avocado and veg for breakfast :)

im going to record my dinner for the next few days, so i know exactly what im eating at dinner.

Will do, add some frozen veggies with the pasta tuna bake. Nuts sometime during day.

Thanks for your great help maxb!:eek:

No worries mate :)

I'm sure by doing that and tracking things, it will give you a much better indication on where you are going wrong (or right) and how best to adjust it etc.

FYI, I posted that recipe on my FB and gave you come credit ;)

No credit was needed, its not my recipe:p but thanks i guess:)

btw you said "for" instead of "from", professional hey:p

i know the recipe says macaroni pasta, i used normal pasta instead thinking it would be no biggie so use macaroni pasta instead of the normal pasta, tastes a lot better that way.

You can put your chocolate on if you want

No credit was needed, its not my recipe:p but thanks i guess:)

btw you said "for" instead of "from", professional hey:p

i know the recipe says macaroni pasta, i used normal pasta instead thinking it would be no biggie so use macaroni pasta instead of the normal pasta, tastes a lot better that way.

You can put your chocolate on if you want
Yeah it's amateur hour at BE :D

Bloody auto correct LOL

We will be using some Gluten Free pasta for ours :)