• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When they say "You're big enough now" - how do you react?

If you are natural the only way you will get too big is if you get fat.

I would tend to agree (excluding the very rare genetic freaks out there)

No such thing as to big, if they don't like it find someone who does

I also agree. Not necessarily that there is no such thing as too big, at a point I think you do lose aesthetics and I'm not a fan of 'mass monsters', but if that is your thing, and it isn't hers, it ain't going to work.

If you are working your absolute arse off to look how you do, and rather than appreciate it, she complains and finds it unattractive, well, I wouldn't hang around.... Definitely find a girl who likes the way you look and appreciates the effort you put in to look the way you do.

I have occasionally got the whole 'your too big' speech, but usually from people who I'm pretty sure are just jealous. ie Translation = Don't get any bigger, you are making me look bad enough already. ESPECIALLY when you get it from people who USED to work out, but don't anymore.

Cos seriously, I ain't that big, there are some huge fuckers out there.

Whenever people say I'm getting to big, I ask them if they have ever actually been to a gym. There are a lot bigger guys then me at the gym!

Actually, while I am ranting, and this is on-topic, how about this scenario Candyflip?

I used to train with my brother when I was first starting out (very young). He has much better genetics than me, broad shoulders, big bone structure. We used to hit the gym together all the time.

Then one day, he couldn't be bothered anymore. Despite the fact he could get very big very easily (he is 100kg without training) and despite drawing the better genetics from my family (I got my dad's skinny arse frame, 65kgs before training), he still wasn't motivated enough to bother training.

Then he moved interstate, did some travelling etc. While he was gone, I got in shape, started training properly. Next time he saw me, I was nearly 90kgs, a HUGE change from the 65kg weakling he had left behind. I was expecting certain praise, admiration, respect, for all the hard work I had put in.

His only comment was 'You still wasting your life with that? Seriously, just quit, you're just going to lose it all or get injured anyway'. Not in as such words, but that was how it sounded to me.

His only comment was 'You still wasting your life with that? Seriously, just quit, you're just going to lose it all or get injured anyway'. Not in as such words, but that was how it sounded to me.

Oh yes - that's brotherly jealousy right there - 100% ;)

I disagree that there is no 'too big' - I see too big all the time. Guys (and gals) mis-shapen for their frames, looking too top heavy, too bottom heavy and all sorts in-between. There is a beauty I appreciate in a strong body, and then there is someone who looks like they are trying far too hard to get what they think looks good.

It's completely individual of course - my ideal is not (most probably) any of your's.

Glad this discussion has brought out so many interesting points of view. :)

I'm yet to have anyone call me too big, muscle-wise, although my parents keep telling me I'm too fat. I'm skinnier than either of them, by the way... they just think that if I don't have visible abs my life is ruined, which I'm guessing is a projection of their own body image issues.

My girlfriend likes my muscles as far as I can tell, so that's all good to me.

I disagree that there is no 'too big' - I see too big all the time. Guys (and gals) mis-shapen for their frames, looking too top heavy, too bottom heavy and all sorts in-between. There is a beauty I appreciate in a strong body, and then there is someone who looks like they are trying far too hard to get what they think looks good.

i think this is more a case of imbalance, like all the weird looking guys with massive upper bodies but stick legs because they've never done a squat or a deadlift in their lives. they look "too big" by proportion but if they bothered to do legs then they wouldn't look so ridiculous...

No such thing as too big, or too rich:)

It's your body, do as you like, at last you are not fat and un healthy, most people are just jealous when you are successful at doing something:)

does he realise just how much motivation hewould have given you?? i love it when people say that shit

+1 to that. I respond well to being put down. Makes you wan't to prove them wrong on top of your own reasons for wanting 'x'