• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

neck injury

domo87

i injured my neck today after a set of dumbell curls, i did complete a series of pull ups before hand.

Description of the pain
  • its more of a stabbing pain on the right side of my neck
  • only hurts when i move my neck around
  • the pain probably is a 3 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being excruciating

i think its a strain, probably should see a physio tomorrow.

hopefully this wont set me back. :mad:

It sounds like a strain, were you kinda grinding them out, like gritting your teath/holding your breath? I did something similar to my neck when squatting a few months back. I now breath in through my nose on the down and release pressure out my mouth as I rise only holding for the initial part out of the hole.
I would wait a couple days before you see a physio, it will prb heal pretty quick, if not then go.
Otherwise, try a breathing technique like I do for squats, it may help a bit.

Sounds like you have pulled the muscle that usually stiffens when you sleep wrong. Voltarin is your friend!

i did kinda the same thing when racking a press, i looked to the left to see the rack ( idiot I can just walk it into the uprights ) and pulled my neck. Deep heat and sexy girl to massage it does wonders :D

yeah its the exact same feeling you get when you sleep awkwardly.

i did end up seeing they physio, turns out its just a strain of that neck muscle.

bummed that i have to take a week off.

thats the plan, im actually focusing on the cardio to drop some weight. unfortunately that means limited strength gains.

There is always assisted pull ups, you can monitor progress but increasing/decreasing the weight plates. The assisted pull up machine is not just for girls ;)