• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2200 cal bulking diet using Max's guidelines

your link didn't work because your diary is private. Did you do it how I said?

And thanks I guess. Although, we all have different goals so you can't really "compare" food diaries I don't think :p

your link didn't work because your diary is private. Did you do it how I said?

And thanks I guess. Although, we all have different goals so you can't really "compare" food diaries I don't think :p

shouldnet be on private? dident know there was even an option for that,

I can seem to look at it without logging in,

Ill suss it out.

Not looking to bulk, trying to loose weight. I'm 86kg 18% bodyfat as per dexa scan jan this year. Though I'm sure thats droped a bit now. Last time I lost weight got down to 72kg but still way to high bf. Now I'm lifting, which I've never done before. Only option now is to up the cardiovascular so I don't have to lower cals.

Jan this year was a long time ago! What do you weigh now? If you aren't losing weight at 1500cals/day then I'd say a diet break is in order. Without knowing all the specifics it's hard to know though.

I agree with JZ.

Diet breaks are under-ratted and under-used.

Long term dieting and regular diet breaks = profits :)

In saying that, I have gained a good amount of strength over the last 2 1/2 months and I wouldent compromise that to loose a few kg,

Jan this year was a long time ago! What do you weigh now? If you aren't losing weight at 1500cals/day then I'd say a diet break is in order. Without knowing all the specifics it's hard to know though.

yes a long time ago, Sorry even though i got the scan done then, I hadent trained or dieted all year untill about 3 months ago.

never couted cals or lifted untill then.

Last time i lost weight was just muay thai and running 5k everyday.

First started counting on on about 1700 cal per day, after doing alot more research around i started on 2200 a month ago, now last weeki doped down to 2000, Droped carbs to 100.

Whole time i have been consistant with my lifting, always adding weight.

Only thing now i can do is up the cardio a fair bit to gobble up a few extra cals each day putting me in a deficit till i see a slow and steady loss in weight.

Or up the cals for a few weeks & give your body a rest. Then start to lower again.

Nothing wrong with cardio though if you want to do it. (I do :)) If you are still making strength gains on low cals then just think of the benefits to be had if you up the cals for a few weeks.

Or up the cals for a few weeks & give your body a rest. Then start to lower again.

Nothing wrong with cardio though if you want to do it. (I do :)) If you are still making strength gains on low cals then just think of the benefits to be had if you up the cals for a few weeks.

Think i will just use my trip to bali as my "re feed" :)

And i actually enjoy my cardio, so thats a bonus.

Max,

If you're out there, fancy helping a brother out with his micros and supps? I'm particularly concerned with fish oil at the moment. I'm sure you've got a lot of good science behind this supp and I remember you saying my 4g a day is probably too light on. I think you said you have about 10g a day.

I'm not good at supps, and tend to just try and manage macros as outlined in the opening post. Could you propose supps to work in with this for a 40YO bloke.

On my radar for consideration are things like:

BCAAs
L-Glutamine
Fish oil tabs
Creatine
Vit-C
Tribulus
Multivit

You get the idea. Last time I did a bulk I took daily:

1 x multivitamin
4 x 500mg Vit-C
4 x 1000mg Fish Oil
half a teaspoon Creatine
plus the WPC in two shakes a day back then, one on my current meal plan.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers mate,
Mike

Max,

If you're out there, fancy helping a brother out with his micros and supps? I'm particularly concerned with fish oil at the moment. I'm sure you've got a lot of good science behind this supp and I remember you saying my 4g a day is probably too light on. I think you said you have about 10g a day.

Depending on your Fish intake and residual EPA and DHA intake (nuts, eggs, meat) IMO 8-10 Fish oils per day and the fats from them need to be taken into account for your daily fat and overall calorie intake

I'm not good at supps, and tend to just try and manage macros as outlined in the opening post. Could you propose supps to work in with this for a 40YO bloke.

On my radar for consideration are things like:

BCAAs In the context of daily protein intake, if you sufficient there is no need or benefit from BCAA supplementation. If training fasted, for minor muscular adaptations etc EAA>BCAA. But again that is minor, if your daily protein intake is adequate there is no real need.
L-Glutamine Useless
Fish oil tabs acquire
Creatine acquire
Vit-C I'm on the fence on this one. Depends on your diet and if you are deficient or not. If deficient, acquire. IMO no need for mega dosing
Tribulus Usless
Multivit acquire for piece of mind
Beta Alanine for pre-workout

You get the idea. Last time I did a bulk I took daily:

1 x multivitamin tick
4 x 500mg Vit-C Tempted to say 1, 2 tops
4 x 1000mg Fish Oil 8-10
half a teaspoon Creatine 5 grams
plus the WPC in two shakes a day back then, one on my current meal plan.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers mate,
Mike
I'm here :D

I answered in bold above my friend. :)

Hope that helps mate.

Last edited:
I'm here :D

I answered in bold above my friend. :)

Hope that helps mate.
You're a star!

I'll do those tweaks and track my progress in my log. I like the idea of a pre-workout supp. I've never used one and often felt flat through the workout and couldn't hit my numbers.

Cheers mate!
Mike

Mike, my pleasure mate :)

FYI, if that was you who commented on my blog on creatine, thanks for the kind words.

At a rate of gaining mass, should you measure and adjust your calorie intake each week based on a weigh in?
Or should you adjust monthly?