• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My 2200 cal bulking diet using Max's guidelines

I think 2200 looks ok for a slow bulk at 70kg.
Mike is not overly active during the day.
I'm a relatively lean 82.5kg and have been maintaining on around 2200 calories for months now, lightly active during the day.

Anyway, easy enough to adjust after a few weeks if desired results aren't happening.

really? Im 81kg and i just started cutting on 2500, was bulking on 3300 around about. So maintience would be around 3000, and the only physical activity i really do is weight training.

There is no such thing as a fast or slow metabolism. Someones calorie requirements are dependent on a number of things - age, LBM, activity level & type, gender, NEAT, TEF, hormonal function etc etc etc

All BMR calcualtors will give different calorie intakes. They are ESTIMATE values and should not be taken as 100% nor gospel. Adjust as necessary depending on results.

really? Im 81kg and i just started cutting on 2500, was bulking on 3300 around about. So maintience would be around 3000, and the only physical activity i really do is weight training.

farr out, im 86kg, trying to loose on 2200 the last 3 weeks, Nothing.

Started this week at 2000. Just droped the carbs down to 100

220P 100C bout 80F

Never ends, Though lift are progressing well :)

Maybe us older guys can get by with less calories?

farr out, im 86kg, trying to loose on 2200 the last 3 weeks, Nothing.

Started this week at 2000. Just droped the carbs down to 100

220P 100C bout 80F

Never ends, Though lift are progressing well :)

sounds like your starving yourself to be honest. I would have started the cut on around 3000 or below, but im no nutrionist.

sounds like your starving yourself to be honest. I would have started the cut on around 3000 or below, but im no nutrionist.

it depends on age and a hell of a lot of other factors.

if he was starving himself, he would be losing bulk muscle.

don't forget, you are still a teenager. you could eat 5000 calories and be on a cut

it depends on age and a hell of a lot of other factors.

if he was starving himself, he would be losing bulk muscle.

don't forget, you are still a teenager. you could eat 5000 calories and be on a cut

yes of course, but i still doubt 2000 calories is enough. Im not a nutrionist so we will see what Max says.

you probably overexaggerated with the eating 5000 calories and still be cutting part a bit there:p

yes of course, but i still doubt 2000 calories is enough. Im not a nutrionist so we will see what Max says.

you probably overexaggerated with the eating 5000 calories and still be cutting part a bit there:p

It's probably pretty accurate for some active teenagers.

I have lost weight eating 4000 calories currently and I was able to eat a lot more in my teens and struggle to gain any weight.

well luckily i am not one of those teens.. only bulking on 3300 is easy to handle, i couldn't imagine 5000..

Yeah there is way to many factors that go into calorie requirements (as previously mentioned) and while it does sound 'low' his progress will just have to be tracked. If muscle loss and training performance drops, well you can be pretty sure that the calories are far too low. Then either a few days eating at maintenance to give the hormones and muscle glycogen a boost up. Alternatively a 10-14 day full diet break (at least eating at maintenance) could be in order.

I'm not big on going for massive calorie deficits when I first put together individuals nutritional guides. I actually normal just get most to start of on the 'maintenance' calorie (or no more than 10% either way) intake that has been calculated and then adjust from there after a couple of weeks. That way it gives you room to move when adjustments are need and limiting any long term hormonal downgrade, ensuring training performance stays high and an increase in the ability to at least maintain LBM.

i wouldnet say im starving my self at all, probly still over eating a little without knowing,
Ive tred to post my fitness pall food log for the last 2 months but wont accept PDF,

Ive got plenty of energy and im getting stronger each week, Getting some thick mucle mass on me aswell. still sitting at 86KG but looking alot more solid.

Going to stick to lifting every second day, Keep counting cals and the cardio/conditioning work at kickboxing should to the trick in the new year. If not ill still stay consistent.

I'll be starting a log thread soon, Il get some pics up aswell.