• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3200 cal bulking diet - thoughts?

Wow that salad sounds great (and I don't do salads LOL)!

Just back to your micronutrient question, like I said with the variety you are have and in those amounts you should be sweet. From time to time to if you also use some veggies and fruit that are not listed in that baseline plan - like capsicum, asparagus, zucchini, bananas, blueberries and spinach you will have no problems meeting requirements :)

Help me do mine?

I'm great at math and spreadsheets etc, but don't know how to divvy up the macros.

Weight 90, height 192, age 29 gives 2061 bmr. 1.6 activity multiplier gives 3299, then 10% surplus is 3628. I don't know the procedure to convert this to grams of fat, protein, carbs however.

Edit, just read online that its 9/4/4 calories per gram for the macros. So that brings me to 161g fat, 318g protein, 227g carbs. Should I bump more than 10% as an ecto or try it for 2 weeks, remeasure/readjust?

Last edited:
If you're an ecto I reckon it wouldn't hurt to bump it up a bit. If you put on any fat, its not like it'll be hard to lose anyway. But chances are you probably won't put on much. 3600 is not that much more than mine, just bump everything up a bit and you are pretty much there.

After losing a bit more weight than I would like (on 2700), I've decided that to play it safe, I'll probably go 3400 calories.

I want to make the most of any rebound effects from swapping from a calorie deficit to calorie surplus (plus ensuring that I am actually in a surplus..), plus I don't want to cut myself short during the test booster trial. Also I want to make the most of any potential muscle memory from the muscle lost over the last ~6 months of cuttings.

The diet looks pretty similar, just a few tweaks and the addition of a second protein shake (but have made both a little bit less calorie dense).

Also, out of interest, I calculated the daily cost of my food requirement, under two scenarious: Best price of each individual ingredient, and an 'expensive' price (basically normal price, not on sale).

Before I reveal the price, I wonder if anybody wants to hazard a guess? Note that I've included the price of all supplements (protein powder, oatmass, cacao powder, fish oil).

Realistically, the actual daily cost will be between the two, as you can't always buy everything on special, but hopefully the cost will be as close as possible to the 'best' cost.

P, you are a maths man arn't you?!

As per email, either way you will be fine but IMO the 3200 will be fine to start on :)

P, you are a maths man arn't you?!

As per email, either way you will be fine but IMO the 3200 will be fine to start on :)

Most definitely lol. Still got to decide, but 3400 is looking more likely

About $40ish a day pistachio

Way off

Ive done 5k a day but 2500 of that was GOMAD so was fairly cheap.

Im going to guess $28/d

Still way off

A quick add up of my food I can do 4000 calories under $20 pretty easily.

Pretty close

If I can get all the ingredients at a good price, I'm looking at $15/day. For a more expensive (ie not on sale or bought in bulk) price, its around $22/day. But I'd never buy everything at that price, only say when I run out of something.

So probably about $17/day.

Yeah I'd say if you are spending more than $20 bucks a day, you are shopping in the wrong places or buying way to much 'Organic' food types.

Man this explains everything.Your trying to gain mass on 3200 cals? Thats what i eat when im dieting :D. Plus you wont make any gains on roo meat as it promotes massive weight loss.i shot and eat a whole roo hind quarter every day for a year and didnt see nearly as much growth as i did eating 2kg of steak every day.The only meat for mass gaining is steak and lots of it.and where are your carbs??? and dont say in the fruit and veg and 250g sweet potato.75% of your bulking diet should be carbs ie rice oats and pasta thats what fills the muscle with glycogen.you wont gain any mass on just protein if anything you will get smaller.Oh well youv spent 6 years doing it wrong so i spose if you spend the next 10 years doing it they way you are you may just gain 500 grams of Real muscle.XD

Man this explains everything.Your trying to gain mass on 3200 cals? Thats what i eat when im dieting :D. Plus you wont make any gains on roo meat as it promotes massive weight loss.i shot and eat a whole roo hind quarter every day for a year and didnt see nearly as much growth as i did eating 2kg of steak every day.The only meat for mass gaining is steak and lots of it.and where are your carbs??? and dont say in the fruit and veg and 250g sweet potato.75% of your bulking diet should be carbs ie rice oats and pasta thats what fills the muscle with glycogen.you wont gain any mass on just protein if anything you will get smaller.Oh well youv spent 6 years doing it wrong so i spose if you spend the next 10 years doing it they way you are you may just gain 500 grams of Real muscle.XD

This is obviously doczenith back again. Lol. Nice Trollin.

Good for you bro, thanks for sharing.

My weight has continued to drop, even on 3300 calories (or at the very least, it has stabilised).

So I will be bumping this up slightly to 3500. I will probably stick with this for a while, as anything over 3500 seems like quite a bit. It is fairly similar to before, just a bit more meat and a second protein shake (but a bit less in both). Here is what it looks like.

Lean Meat (333g)
Chicken breast (250g)
6 Eggs
50g Almonds
200g Carrots
200g Green beans
500g mashed potatoes (half sweet, half regular)
185g tin of tuna (in oil)
Half avocado
1 Fruit
0.5 continental cucumber
2 Protein shakes (each shake contains 20g WPC, 10g oatmass, 7.5g cacao powder, 1g sweetner, 300mL skim milk)
5 fish oil softgels
2 tablespoons (17g) olive oil
200mL low fat, low sugar yoghurt

This provides about 3500 calories, 300/150/250 protein/fat/carbs.

It is broken up into meals in the following way:

Meal 1: 150g chicken breast freshly cooked
Meal 2: Salad (100g chicken, 2 eggs, half avocado, some cucumber, some lettuce, some carrot, 2 tablespoons of olive oil)
Meal 3: Protein shake, 30g almonds, 1/3 of daily mash
Meal 4: Tin of tuna, 1/3 of daily mash
Meal 5: Protein shake, 20g almonds, 5 fish oil, 1/3 of daily mash
Meal 6: Fruit (or fruit salad) in yoghurt
Meal 7: 333g meat, carrots
Meal 8: 4 eggs, green beans

Meal 6 is usually a pre gym snack and the meat (meal 7) is my post workout meal.

Goodness me mate. Epic bro, enjoy the extra calories and fuck me add some Ice-Cream in now and don't be a phaggot :D

I don't know why, but I've been REALLY hungry late, just feels like the calories I've been having haven't been enough. I've even be cheating a bit too, had a hungry jacks burger yesterday with a few extra patties in it, and had a cheat day friday with the family christmas get together and the weight still went down lol.

Will stick to this strictly now, as I want to see whether I go up or down on 3500.

Haha, no need for the icecream, my protein shakes are delicious! And I have 2 of them lol