• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flexibility

piecone

Looking for a simple stretching routine that I could follow. I think I'd need to have some specific to the muscle group I'd worked, to do following the workout. But also others that I can incorporate into every day - upon rising for example. Any ideas? There are heaps of stretching recommendations on web but not all seem to be bodybuilding specific.

You only need to be flexible where you are deficient in flexibility that will then (can) cause an injury or postural issue. Usually pecs, hip flexors, groin, lats and hammies for the average guy. Bodybuilders are no different from everyone else.

currently trying to beat a lower back problem, part of the issues is related to my ridiculous lack of flexibility. the physio has me doing the following:

glutes
groin
calves
hamstrings
hip flexors
quads
periformas

then i sit on a tennis ball for a bit and roll my calves, glutes, hams and quads. i finish up with a couple of the exercises from the defranco list - can't do them all because i don't want to stress my lower back...

i get through all of this in about 25mins normally in the morning before work.

on top of that, i have a set of other general core and stability exercises that i normally do after work just to break things up.