• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

All things Cycling

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
All things lycra and carbon fibre up in here.
Doesn't matter what form of bike riding you do , be it bmx , hybrid , mountain biking, road biking , commuting , recreational , talk about all things cycling here

No bike bashing please

I did another C grade criterium today (40mins + 3 laps). It was pretty fun and probably the best type of cycling i can think of for cardio that is relevant towards my strength goals (ie. a 40 min race where the speed goes up and down frequently followed by an intense final 5 minutes is much better than say riding around for 2 hours at a slow pace).

i'm finding the last 6 weeks of doing the basics has really helped my upper body stability on MTB while smashing through rocks etc... :D

is going to be tough to fit in bike stuff when i start squatting... but i reckon it will make me a heck of a lot faster on the pushy

So... I am thinking about cycling to work. The terran looks to be paved roads but some parts are loose graven.

I need help deciding what type of bike to buy. I want the Toyota of bikes that can be had for sub 300.

Any suggesting from my fellow weightlifting buddies

PennyFarthing.jpg

So... I am thinking about cycling to work. The terran looks to be paved roads but some parts are loose graven.

I need help deciding what type of bike to buy. I want the Toyota of bikes that can be had for sub 300.

Get one of these Sookie.

I'd start a thread here. They're pretty helpful and you might come across a good deal.

For around that budget your choice is rather limited , what ever you do avoid kmart rubbish

How far is your commute?Do you you need to cart any crap with you

yeah i would be suggesting min budget of 500 and even then at best you will get something with good components but old and second, if looking for something new i would be suggesting min budget of about 1200

How would i get off and on the bike fluffy? I am only 165cm tall.

I forgot to mention the bike ride is 3.4km. 240m of lose gravel. The rest is the burbs

I dont think the mrs will approve $500+ for a bike :( Kmart is out. Thanks for the tip :)

Last edited:
head down to your local bike shop and have a talk to them , they'll have a few good deals for you

So i test rode a bike today. This is a gave me a good comfortable ride! I love it.

But its very expensive lol. Is it worth the extra $500?

Does anyone have any experience with this bike? The brand is HASA and they are a Taiwanese brand. I would like to give it a ride before I take the plunge but they do not have a retailer here in Brisbane. From what ive read on the internet, they are a good brand... but nothing concrete.

Giant Boulders are a good bike

while the bike might seem expensive but as with everything you get what you pay for , it's best to throw in a few extra bucks for a nice comfortable ride that you will enjoy to ride rather then think of it as being a chore

I got my bike $50 from cash converters. I bought one of those gel seats and a Speedo. Besides the front tyre slightly leaking air it goes everywhere. Previously I used my sister's expensive yellow thing and the gears would grind, the brakes squealed.
My only use is for some bush tracks around here, in the Mt Annan and Appin.
I might record my tracks with Google My Tracks app. Wish I could get out more on it :)
I love mountain bike riding but need to find someone just as interested as exploring

Check out Reid cycles sookie.

Australian company, cheap no frills bikes.

I got the condor for 250, and it can easily handle my 120kg frame with 15 years frame warranty and 1 year on moving parts.

Came shipped in 3 days.