• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What age did you start weight training?

What age did you start weights?

• 14 or younger

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 15-19

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • 20-24

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 25-29

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 30-34

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 35-39

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 40-44

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 45-49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 or older

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I did a session of bench press once a year from about 21-24 :p

Actually started regularly when I was 26.

That said i still get inspried by those mature males in their 60's who still lift heavy and goes balls out.. its mesmerizing!!

last powerlifting nats i saw terrence who is 50ish? had the body of a male in his 30's and his a grandfather and still busted out crazy numbers. Fuck MY LIFE such inspiration.. !!!!

everytime i think i wont train today because of seomthing in like came up to effect my training.. i thikn theres a 50 year old still lifting heavy and i just harden the fuck up.. LOL

Last edited:
My parents never let me join a gym when I was in school (bones still growing, that old chestnut), so the day I finished school I joined a gym.

I did do a bit of stuff at home before that and I have a diary entry from when I was in year 3 when I had DOMS in my biceps from doing bicep curls with bricks haha.

Seriously, I've wanted to be like big and ripped since I was about 6 years old.

As many have mentioned already, I wish I knew back then what I knew now. I'd already be big and ripped!

That said i still get inspried by those mature males in their 60's who still lift heavy and goes balls out.. its mesmerizing!!

last powerlifting nats i saw terrence who is 50ish? had the body of a male in his 30's and his a grandfather and still busted out crazy numbers. Fuck MY LIFE such inspiration.. !!!!

everytime i think i wont train today because of seomthing in like came up to effect my training.. i thikn theres a 50 year old still lifting heavy and i just harden the fuck up.. LOL

is terrence from qld, brisbane?

Big brown guy right (no racist)?

He trained at my old gym, saw him squatting 200 plus was bloddy impressive.

I was in grade 10 so would have been 14 and skinny when my mum joined a gym and dragged me along. Trained for about 2 yrs either in the afternoon with her or in the morning with dad. Gym belonged Paul and Nathan Briggs' dad.

At Algester, TLS?
I think he moved it to Algester and started concentrating on Muay Thai while I was at uni. (circa 1992-4.)
When I started, (1988 yo) it was on the S-E corner of Beaudesert and Granard/Riawena Rds.
I was 3 months into a 1yr membership when he moved, and he wouldn't refund me pro-rata. :(

Heard similar stories about it back in the day. They seemed to have really good following.

That had to have sucked for you mate.