• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What age did you start weight training?

What age did you start weights?

• 14 or younger

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 15-19

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • 20-24

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 25-29

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 30-34

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 35-39

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 40-44

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 45-49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 or older

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DKD

Private Dancer
Choose from the relevant poll option.

This is the age when you first started doing weights, regardless of whether you didn't know what you were doing, never heard of deads etc.

ok entered my first gym when i was about 15 , friend down the road worked at the local leisure centre so gave us free passes , but i was more interested in spending time in the games arcade on street fighter 2 ( i was a champ at that game)

early 20's is when i decided to hit the gym

Started the gym at 18 at Shape Up in Blacktown (omg Im showing my age!), then went to Blacktown Workers Club gym and did classes for 4 years! Really started lifting at 30, dont know why I didnt do it at 19.... Step class just seemed so much more attractive......

15 :) been lifting for 11 months, have been getting coached in powerlifting for about 7 months

Damn, wish I made this one of those public polls where you can see everyone's selection. Would've been interesting I reckon.

I started at 41 btw. Only 2 decades too late! I liked and played sports a lot as a teen and in my early 20s but for some reason never got into weights.

16... had no idea wtf i was doing, joined the gym and the pt was actually a decent lifter he gave me a program which consisted of dl squats bench pull ups and rows.. I was like how is this gunna give me big biceps ahahah only took me another 8years to finally work out I should of stuck to what he said..

About 2.5 years ago when I was 21.

I had fkd around before that when I was 18 but that lasted about 5 sessions.

I started in my early 20s.... With no idea wtf I was doing. Still dont really know much, but getting better results now and I'm nearly 30. Only started back again two years ago.

I was 18 years old and worked out with my old man's gym equipment. Had NFI what I was doing and consequently scored an injury... which remains with me today. Wish i knew what i know now back then.

Started when I was 16, trained on and off with no real commitment until about 18 (with mates for fun mostly after school etc), than totally stopped and got progressively fatter over the next 13yrs, than started again at 31, now I'm committed to this iron sport and hope to achieve some decent progress in 2012.

20 when i started, lifted for 6 months, got really sick and lost wayyy too much weight. stopped for 3 months. been back into it for 6 months now. Learnt a lot more thanks to this site. turns out what i was doing was a waste of time and the results say the same. kinda wish i could have started earlier, being thin sucks.

Started when I was 12. Was always a bit of a tub growing up and got my motivation when I did a book review on a biography of bruce lee for school.

Did a whole load of bicep curls, bench presses, lateral flies, standing rows, overhead presses, sit ups and went jogging for legs.

Not the worst start now I think about it but it certainly could have been better.

I started at 19 years of age and am still weight training 31 years later.
It truly is the fountain of youth.