• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best exercises for a full shoulder workout?

Lol well I learn from feedback like this so thanks :p But ive been told by people at the gym and out of the gym that its possible. But comparing it to falling off a bike does make it sound pretty dumb ..

90% of Gym goers r meat heads who know nothing, the other 10% are on Ausbb.

If he starts light enough he could begin training 7 days a week then reduce frequency as needed

I totally agree with this....

I would call it the practical approach to dialing your self in....

When I changed to starting strength 3x5 I ended up doing all of the excercises 3 days a week... And starting from a much lighter weight...

As I progressed I rearranged the excercises to suit... Now Im strictly training as per the program.. with all my excercises pushing up against there limts... Took me a while to figure out what weight I needed to be using for each excercise...

And the time spent lifting at lighter weights is well served through form improvement and strengthing supportive musculature...

I totally agree with this....

I would call it the practical approach to dialing your self in....

When I changed to starting strength 3x5 I ended up doing all of the excercises 3 days a week... And starting from a much lighter weight...

As I progressed I rearranged the excercises to suit... Now Im strictly training as per the program.. with all my excercises pushing up against there limts... Took me a while to figure out what weight I needed to be using for each excercise...

And the time spent lifting at lighter weights is well served through form improvement and strengthing supportive musculature...

Makes sense . Just came home from the gym and finished my first full body compound routine and it really does hit hard compared to a iso day. Really tried hard to find correct form for all of my lifts before I started today and I think I did pretty good.

Hopefully i'll get used to the routine after a few weeks and i'll start seeing some good gains :)

90% of Gym goers r meat heads who know nothing, the other 10% are on Ausbb.

True that
I hope you guys don't actually believe that shit, I would say 90% of decent lifters (bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman) would even bother with visiting a forum. And I would say about 10% of members of this forum would actually know what their talking about, not just repeating what others say.

Wouldn't know I haven't been going long enough to know what most people are like in gyms. Im still noob. but the info ive got off of this forum compared to the info people have given me in and out of the gym is much different . Ive learnt alot from this forum. Not trying to say that people in other gyms are stupid or meatheads of course.

I hope you guys don't actually believe that shit, I would say 90% of decent lifters (bodybuilding, powerlifting, strongman) would even bother with visiting a forum. And I would say about 10% of members of this forum would actually know what their talking about, not just repeating what others say.

Unless things have changed since I used to go it is very rare to see decent lifters at a commercial gym.

That's not far from the truth.

Makes sense . Just came home from the gym and finished my first full body compound routine and it really does hit hard compared to a iso day. Really tried hard to find correct form for all of my lifts before I started today and I think I did pretty good.

Hopefully i'll get used to the routine after a few weeks and i'll start seeing some good gains :)

So what routine did you end up with??

Here is a basic routine I used with great success:

Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Military Press
Dead Lifts
Barbell Curls

followed by:
as may chin ups as I could do

3 sets of each with 4-10 reps per set, if you can do more than 10 reps add weight.

Repeat three times a week

Last edited:
So what routine did you end up with??

Here is a basic routine I used with great success:

Squats
Bench Press
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Military Press
Dead Lifts
Barbell Curls

followed by:
as may chin ups as I could do

3 sets of each with 4-10 reps per set, if you can do more than 10 reps add weight.

Repeat three times a week

Yeah mines basically the same except I chose the one that alternates between workout A and B

Workout A

- Deadlifts
- Squats
- Bench
- Dips
- Bb Curl

Workout B

- Squat
- Standing military
- Bent over rows
- Chin ups (Wide and close grip)
- Stiff leg deadlift
- Close grip bench

I think I might of added like one extra exercise in the routine I'm not sure which one it was

If im feeling it and not being bitch from my skin screwing up it takes me about an hour to finish
3 x 10 Squat
3 x 8 Bench
3 x 8 BOR
3 x 8 OHP
3 x 8 SLDL
5 x 5 chinups or 5 x 5 dips.