• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Abs

Squats and deads active the core, so generally direct ab training is not required, unless your gunning for very low bodyfat then you may want to target the abs a little more.

I do a little bit of direct work twice a week, but it is mainly activation stuff as I have dominating hip flexors. If I didn't have this problem I would likely do none

Train them all day everyday by keeping good posture and a locked in core. Best way to train them is with squats and deadlifts but if you want to do some more work on them dont waste your time doing crunches do lots of single arm rows, pulldowns, presses also lunges are great

I would put zercher squats, front squats, overhead squats, anti-rotations, hypers ahead of the ones you mentioned.

Though any free weight exercise will by necessity involve considerable activation of the abdominals

Can I just say those cheap ab wheel things really smash my abs.

Started doing them again after seeing a vid of kk doing them in training. Lol.

can someone recommend any lower abs exercises (srs question). all i know of is leg raises and hanging raises.. :S

Every training session. They get worked in squats, pushups, pullups, some direct work (uni lateral farmers walks), snatches etc etc

I do some different movements on a set of olympic rings(don't know the actual name of the movements), exercises like push ups with the rings low and your feet on your bench, a similar movement to a ab wheel roll out but just with the rings and chins/pull ups, knee ups, dips, general stuffing around on the dam things all work my core crazy on the rings. But I think the best movement to smash my core is heavy ass standing over head presses and front squats, they kill the abs for me.