• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Abs

I think Christian had it right when he said "genetics + drugs beats will always beat a 'I want to be really good at this' attitude"

He is just a little upset because that is what the internet and magazines said Ronnie and Jay etc do and Bazza (and I) doesn't agree.

Mind will be blown once the realization of drugs and massive amounts at that, are being used and that they had far superior genetics to the majority of the population so their reasoning's behind why they do what they do doesn't really apply nor is much of it necessary either.

FYI, Martin Berkhan has unreal conditioning and a pretty good set of abs for not doing cardio or abs. But he is smaller so I guess he doesn't know shit :D

hmm.. I did some situps for a while.. and after a while they got easier... I guess they did something? :p
tru story!

maybe ab work is like vitamins? only helps those that are deficient in the first place?

Last edited:
well im bulking right now i do no direct work. but when i cut i will hit my abs directly.

Direct ab work on cuts works well for me
Strong cluelessness thinking you can make gains on a cut!!! 10/10. You'd be better hitting them hard while bulking and focus more on 'toning' on your cut.

Doing crunches is a lot like tomato sauce, if you have a little bit here and there on occasion its ok, but if you have a whole bowl of it your a fucking idiot.
^^^ Paraphrased abit and the original was about curls but its the same principal really.

lol yea its alldrugs, no hardwork there .

idc anymore do whatever u like

It's ok mate no need to get upset. Do your crunches and ab circle pro if you want but realise they are very minor players in the quest to get the ripped abz.

ABS ARE FOR PUSSIES, REAL MEN HAVE NO ABS, JUST BIG IRON LIKE COLDREN STOMACHS TO FILL WITH FOOD!

(looks around and secretly desires low enough body fat to show his abs, than stuffs more chicken down throat)

:p:p:p

I find the missionary position hits my abs hard.

Ha Ha! loved that, i was rooting the day after front squats and had to switch positions as my abs were killing me in missionary oh mercy!!

We had a dude at work with sick abs and massive split biceps. he suggested i do more ab and bi work to which i replied.

"you train your abs and bi's to lift skirts, i train my body to lift weight"

He was/is actually a fkn hilarious dude, he loved it. we arm wrestled, he won, argument null and void

Last edited: