• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What are your throughts on Green tea extract?

davidb0312

Hey gang,

I personally drink about 4-6 tea bags worth of green tea most days ( I say it that way coz I'll throw in 2 bags in a larger cup).
But anyway, what are your thoughts on it's "weight loss" properties..... I'm looking to loose some fat over my uni break so I figure maybe I should add in a bit more green tea to my diet, I try to drink the tea as I said above but its a bit much after a while so I think maybe just 1 gram of BN's green tea extract would be convienient.

Yes I know a good diet is key to fat loss, but just wondering what your thoughts are on green tea?

I drink a strong cup, with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and a teaspoon or more of fresh lemon juice, everyday. Sometimes two.

Has it caused fat loss? Tough to tell - haven't used it in isolation, but my DEXA scan says no. Need to do another in a few months time. But The 4 Hour Body (Tim Ferriss) recommends it, and I thought I'd give it a go as I was looking for an alternative to black tea and I enjoy the taste.

Sorry I can't be more definitive - for me, I'm just not sure.

Have had a go at the Green Tea, not a fan of the taste, will try the cinnamon and lemon addition and see how I go with that.

I am assuming the BN Green Tea Extract would be good for you. Not sure on the exact benefits, but there are supposed to be many to green tea....

thanks gusy. I have the lemon flavoured green tea from aldi, amazing price and tastes as good as the expensive twinings brands.

May give BNs a bash its only $18 for around 3 months worths! Hopefully max or Bioflex will have some input on this too.

This is a tough one, the question we really need to ask here is:

Are there any benefits of green tea (or green tea extract) over and above the thermogenic and metabolic increases that are caused by the caffeine content.

I would say yes, but I am not sure to what extent. The problem with most fat burners, whether formulas or ingredients is that they do largely rely on the effects of caffeine. One good way to look at it is that research done on green tea extract has demonstrated benefits which were beyond that from using similar levels of caffeine and "decaffeinated green tea" has actually shown to be effective on its own.

There is supposed to be a direct fat oxidation effect here and as a bonus green tea is a great antioxidant.

If nothing else, green tea or green tea extract is an affordable, natural form of ceffeine with extra fat burning benefits while having a positive impact on general health.
Don't expect miracles though.

I drink a strong cup, with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and a teaspoon or more of fresh lemon juice, everyday.

Tried that this morning not too bad, I could do that every morning.

Where did you get this from and what is it supposed to do?

Mainly want to know if there are any benefits to cinnamon?

Thought about adding some 100% pure natural Honey (I buy it straight from the bee keeper),for even more health benefits!

Read my post again mate - Tim Ferriss' book 'The 4 Hour Body' talks about this in detail.

If you want a PDF copy, let me know.

Missed that bid, I am interested in a copy of this book if you can send it to me.

Thanks

Extract is stupid, just drink green tea. If u don't like green tea then don't drink that either, not like it's going to make or break your weight loss.

I like the lipton green tea, I'm not a huge fan of tea and mostly smash coffee, but when I do drink tea, I always drink green tea.