• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

chocchillimango

Great last meal of the night
Kinda like marshmallow icecream :)
I've included pics.

1. Mango Vanilla Casein Fluff

1 medium mango
1 scoop micellar casein (unflavoured or vanilla)
1/4 cup milk (dairy, almond, soy, rice,whatever)
1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla bean paste
stevia (optional)

Peel and cut the mango into cubes, place on a tray, cover and freeze for a couple of hours.

In a mixing bowl, combine the mango, casein, milk, vanilla, and a little stevia (if you want it). Blend using a stick blender (or in a blender) until smooth, about 1 minute or so. Add a little extra milk, if the mixture is too stiff. it should not be liquid though.

Whisk the mixture using a stand or hand held mixer/whisk for a few minutes until it increases in volume and is light and fluffy.

Serve on its own or topped with a little syrup or whatever. a little raw chocolate is good :)

2. Raspberry Almond Choc-Top Casein Fluff

3/4 cup raspberries, frozen
1 scoop micellar casein (unflavoured or vanilla)
1/4 cup almond milk
stevia (optional)
30-40 grams dark chocolate

Blend and whisk as above.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave for about 30-60 secs. Stir and spoon over the fluff. Serve.

I love this one ... the ultimate PROTEIN CHOC TOP ... :-D

Attachments

• Mango Vanilla Bean Fluff_3469_wm.jpg
    Mango Vanilla Bean Fluff_3469_wm.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 198
  • Raspberry Choctop Fluff_3473_wm.jpg
    Raspberry Choctop Fluff_3473_wm.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Fluffing my way through my last meal every night ... had to make this one:

Chocolate Chilli Mango Casein Fluff

1 large mango cheek, frozen and cubed
1 scoop micellar casein (unflavoured or chocolate)
1 - 2 tablespoons cacao powder
about 1/3 cup milk (skim or normal)
ground cayenne powder

Place all ingredients except the cayenne into a bowl and blend until smooth. If you need to, add a little more milk.
Whisk until it increases in volume and is light and fluffy.
Serve sprinkled with cayenne (I put quite a bit and a bit in the mix) and maybe a little melted choc.

pic here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...27214450.46578.192237397467663&type=1&theater

made the mango one last night but did not have the vanilla powder. Not too bad.
The vanilla is great, especially as I rely on the fruit to sweeten it (I don't add stevia). I like the chocolate mango one the best (duh)...in fact, next time I'm adding more cacao...

anyone tried to make fluff with WPC? im gonna give it a shot tonight,
I've tried it with a Professional Whey WPC (80% whey, 20% casein). Works OK but I find casein gives a nice marshmallow fluff that I like better.
WPC should be fine. Mostly it comes down to technique if using unflavoured whey. If using flavoured, it depends on what spakfilla the brand includes that may or may not affect the "fluff factor" :)

If you use about 200g of fruit, 200ml milk (dairy or nondairy), and a scoop of WPC, should work fine if you blend it well first. Then use a whisk (stand or hand held mixer) to whisk it up into a meringue consistency. Should take about 3-4 mins.

How long would this last in the fridge do you reckon? Eg if i was planning to make a big batch and then have it for dessert each night how many nights do you reckon it would last for?

cheers

Hey zan, I really don't know. BUT, I don't think it stores all that well in the fridge or freezer if you make it with high water content fruits like berries etc.
I think it probably stores better if you make it with banana, pumpkin, nuts, vanilla etc as the water won't want to separate out and break down the fluff structure.
BUT, I've heard people say they store it for a day or two so....
if you do and it works or not, let me know...I always make small batches just to have immediately which is a pain but don't want to waste my precious casein and fruits :)
cheers

Ok so i tried with banana WPC 2 scoops and about 1 cup water, in the electric mixer for about 10 min,

it fluffed a little, Nothing like realy fluf though.

I didnt have any casein so had to use the Chocolate WPI (Optimum Nutrition).

Added what i thought to be 1/4 cup of milk (althought it may have been more), a scoop of protein, generous handfull of rasberries and a little splender.

Put it though the blender and mixed all the ingreadents then thew it in a bowl and put the electric mixer through it for a couple of minutes. It was definetly alot thicker then a shake but i couldnt get it to "fluff" i'd say i got more sludge/thickshake consistency.

I ended up adding a scoop of icream and drinking through a straw as a thick drink.

advice on where i went wrong? i can only assume it was either the protein i used or i had to much milk...

Attachments

• shake 001.jpg
    shake 001.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 58
ok guys, some proteins fluff well and others don't. the link I gave above has a list of some that do plus also Anna at Protein Pow(d)er has some great recipes: = PROTEIN POW(D)ER !: Protein Fluff

I have had better results with casein than anything else (I use Professional Whey but I know that ON Casein should work).
That said, I have also used PW hydrolysed WPI and it fluffed OK but not all WPI will do so.

I would not use water as the liquid ... best to use milk (dairy, coconut, almond, whatever). i have tried coconut water and the fluff is less stable and half way between a shake and a fluff :(
Make sure you don't add too much liquid. Sydking ... not sure how much banana you had in there but a) it helps if the banana is frozen and chopped and b) 1 cup of water is too much liquid maybe aside from being water...

I think a good trick is to use some yoghurt if you think your whey is not as fluffable. That might give it a bit of body. But give some casein a go.

Blueberry Choc Fluff

150g frozen blueberries
1 scoop casein or whey (fluffable)
1 teaspoon vanilla
sweetener to taste (eg stevia) - optional
@ 1/3 - 1/2 cup skim milk
@ 35 - 40g dark chocolate, melted and cooled

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Then whisk or beat until fluffed up.
Serve.

NB: I used casein for this and it worked ok but I think i added just a little bit too much milk and it didn't fluff up to a nice marshmallow. I broke my own rule for watery fruits. Learn from my bad :(
BUT it still tastes AWESOME and bonus? it's PURPLE and has chocolate.

Attachments

• Blueberry Choc Fluff_3614_wm.jpg
    Blueberry Choc Fluff_3614_wm.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 51
CHERRY BOMB FLUFF ... two ways, depending on what you're into :-D

i made this with coconut this time around. I used an unflavoured casein that fluffs like marshmallow.
I ended up making this for everyone at home as dessert tonight LOL
Hope you like it!

1/2 cup frozen pitted dark cherries
1 scoop casein or whey (fluffable!) - unflavoured or vanilla
dash vanilla
1/4 cup coconut milk/cream OR almond milk
sweetener to taste (optional)
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut OR 1/4 tsp almond extract + 1 Tbsp finely chopped almonds

Blend cherries, casein or whey, vanilla, sweetener, and coconut or almond milk until smooth.
Add the shredded coconut or the almond extract and almonds.
Whisk for several minutes until it is increased in volume, light and fluffy like marshmallow.

It's great with a little extra cherry and coconut or almonds on top. Even better if you grate or melt a little dark chocolate.
Then you have a cherry ripe fluff or an amazing cherry almond chocolate bonanza.

Attachments

• Cherry Bomb Fluff_3794_wm.jpg
    Cherry Bomb Fluff_3794_wm.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 41
finally getting around do doing the mango one tonight. Will post a pic of hopefully a successful dish :)

I'll be doing the mango tonight as well. I just finished slicing it up and it's now in the freezer.